Bug 191406

Summary: net/anet is missing some files
Product: Ports & Packages Reporter: Natacha Porté <natbsd>
Component: Individual Port(s)Assignee: John Marino <marino>
Status: Closed FIXED    
Severity: Affects Only Me    
Priority: ---    
Version: Latest   
Hardware: Any   
OS: Any   

Description Natacha Porté 2014-06-26 13:07:30 UTC
I was trying to compile the example of net/anet in the project presentation page, http://www.codelabs.ch/anet/ and it fails because of missing files:


ada -c -I- -gnatA /home/nat/tmp/client.adb
client.adb:5:06: file "anet-socket_families.ads" not found
client.adb:5:06: "Client (body)" depends on "Anet.Sockets (spec)"
client.adb:5:06: "Anet.Sockets (spec)" depends on "Anet.Socket_Families (spec)"
client.adb:5:06: file "anet-sockets-thin-unix.ads" not found
client.adb:5:06: "Client (body)" depends on "Anet.Sockets.Unix (spec)"
client.adb:5:06: "Anet.Sockets.Unix (spec)" depends on "Anet.Sockets.Thin.Unix (spec)"
gnatmake: "/home/nat/tmp/client.adb" compilation error


I won't have time to investigate anet build system in the near future, so I'm only reporting issue without any patch proposal.
Comment 1 commit-hook freebsd_committer 2014-07-12 13:59:29 UTC
A commit references this bug:

Author: marino
Date: Sat Jul 12 13:58:58 UTC 2014
New revision: 361616
URL: http://svnweb.freebsd.org/changeset/ports/361616

Log:
  net/anet: Install missing files and relocate static library

  Natacha noticed that some of the source files were not being installed.
  I tested the fix using PREFIX/lib/gnat/anet.gpr and then discovered it
  was expecting libanet.a to be installed at PREFIX/lib rather than
  PREFIX/lib/anet, so I modified the pkg-plist for that as well.

  PR:		191406
  Submitted by:	Natacha Porte
  Patch by:	maintainer (marino)

Changes:
  head/net/anet/Makefile
  head/net/anet/pkg-plist
Comment 2 John Marino freebsd_committer 2014-07-12 14:04:16 UTC
Hi Natacha,
This is was a good catch.  After installing the newest version of the anet port, I tested it by creating the client.gpr file:

> with "anet.gpr";
> 
> project Client is
>    for Object_Dir use "obj";
>    for Main use ("client.adb");
> end Client;

With ADA_PROJECT_PATH set to /usr/local/lib/gnat in the environment, I built "client" like this:

> /usr/local/gcc-aux/bin/gnatmake -p -P client
object directory "/usr/home/marino/natacha/anet/obj" created for project client
ada -c -I- -gnatA /usr/home/marino/natacha/anet/client.adb
gnatbind -x /usr/home/marino/natacha/anet/obj/client.ali
gnatlink /usr/home/marino/natacha/anet/obj/client.ali /usr/local/lib/libanet.a -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/gcc-aux/lib/gcc/x86_64-aux-freebsd10.0/4.9.0/adalib/ -o /usr/home/marino/natacha/anet/obj/client

So I think the anet problem should be solved now, thanks!