Bug 252129

Summary: security/bitwarden_rs Add option to specify custom (IPv6) interface and port for bitwarden_rs
Product: Ports & Packages Reporter: Frieder Griesshammer <mail>
Component: Individual Port(s)Assignee: Michael Reifenberger <mr>
Status: In Progress ---    
Severity: Affects Some People Flags: bugzilla: maintainer-feedback? (mr)
Priority: ---    
Version: Latest   
Hardware: Any   
OS: Any   
Attachments:
Description Flags
svn diff of files/bitwarden_rs.in none

Description Frieder Griesshammer 2020-12-25 11:58:38 UTC
Created attachment 220910 [details]
svn diff of files/bitwarden_rs.in

Hello,
as I am running bitwarden_rs behind some reverse proxy (which only communicates over IPv6 internally) I have the need to bind bitwarden_rs to some custom IP-Address.

So I introduced the bitwarden_rs_address and bitwarden_rs_port variables and export it as environment variables to Rocket. It defaults to 0.0.0.0:8000 - the defaults of Rocket, so there should be no trouble there.

Those settings allow me to bind the service onto a specific (IPv6) address, according to my configuration.

Thank you very much for creating the port of bitwarden_rs in the first place!
Comment 1 commit-hook freebsd_committer 2020-12-26 19:11:50 UTC
A commit references this bug:

Author: mr
Date: Sat Dec 26 19:10:55 UTC 2020
New revision: 559304
URL: https://svnweb.freebsd.org/changeset/ports/559304

Log:
  Try to fix pkg builder.
  Add sample environment config file.

  PR:		252129 # Used different approach.

Changes:
  head/security/bitwarden_rs/Makefile
  head/security/bitwarden_rs/files/bitwarden_rs_conf.in
  head/security/bitwarden_rs/files/pkg-message.in
  head/security/bitwarden_rs/pkg-plist
Comment 2 Michael Reifenberger freebsd_committer 2020-12-26 19:13:26 UTC
Hi,
thanks for the suggestion.
I used an diffenrent approach since the program uses a couple of
environment variables...
Comment 3 Frieder Griesshammer 2021-01-15 18:12:38 UTC
Thanks for the quick reaction. I have just tried your approach, and it works great. It is even more flexible than my suggestion, so I am glad you did not merge it as is :)