The VICE port does not configure itself to use FreeBSD's joystick support (/dev/joy*). It looks for machine/joystick.h, when in FreeBSD the include file is actually sys/joystick.h.
Fix: I've included four files with this PR:
1) A patch to the port Makefile, which uses a post-patch sed command to change all instances of machine/joystick.h in the configure script to sys/joystick.h.
2) A patch to src/arch/unix/joy.c, which changes machine/joystick.h to sys/joystick.h.
3) A patch to src/arch/unix/joy_usb.c. Enabling joystick support via the changes to the configure script reveals a secondary problem: the compilation of joy_usb.c fails. The compile failure is due to _IOWR not being defined. The patch adds the header file sys/ioccom.h to the .c file. This solves the compile problem, but I have not been able to test to see if a USB joystick would actually work with VICE due to lack of equipment.
4) A pkg-message file to help steer people installing VICE on how to load the joy kernel module and set the permissions for /dev/joy* properly so that VICE can use the devices.
Patch attached with submission follows:
How-To-Repeat: Compile the VICE port from src, and examine the configure output.
Over to maintainer
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 11:49:44 -0500
From: Dwayne MacKinnon <firstname.lastname@example.org>
[later addition caught in spamtrap:]
I meant to mention that the joy_usb.c patch may help fix ports/108504.
dinoex 2007-03-04 09:09:59 UTC
FreeBSD ports repository
emulators/vice/files patch-joy.c patch-joy_usb.c
- Add support for joysticks
PR: 109438, 108504
Submitted by: Dwayne MacKinnon
Revision Changes Path
1.49 +3 -1 ports/emulators/vice/Makefile
1.1 +11 -0 ports/emulators/vice/files/patch-joy.c (new)
1.1 +10 -0 ports/emulators/vice/files/patch-joy_usb.c (new)
1.1 +10 -0 ports/emulators/vice/pkg-message (new)
email@example.com mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "firstname.lastname@example.org"
It is prefered to send unified diff, see porters-handbook.