The author of the code has released an update for GPSMan.
The appended patch brings the astro/gpsman port up-to-date
so that it builds GPSMan-6.3.2, which fixes some bugs and
adds some new features (with respect to 6.3.1).
Here are the documented changes from 6.3.1 to 6.3.2:
- Least Squares fit for geo-referencing images either by placing
control points on the image, or by giving a file of coordinates of
control points; asked by James B. Mehl who kindly provided the formulas.
- the track computation window now displays for each track point
its date and position; there was a change in the order of the fields
both in the window and in saved results; asked by Victor Yip.
- enhanced support for GPX files; contributed by Valère Robin.
- dealing with track segments in GPX files; asked by Tomi Ollila.
- importing and exporting tracks using a file format similar to
the Garmin Simple Text Output protocol.
- the "getfix" command now also produces the altitude if in a 3D
fix; asked by Marc van der Sluys.
- new "geopicts" command geo-references files (e.g., picture
files from a digital camera) either based on their time-stamps and a
given track, or by using the sequence of waypoints in a group. The
result is a file with waypoints (at present in GPX format) that can
be suitable for use with Web applications. Implemented using as
model a Python script kindly contributed by Valère Robin.
- new "show symbols" command prints for each waypoint symbol
its internal name followed by the name in the user-selected
language; symbol internal names may be needed in the "geopicts"
- the "read" command that was only to be used in GPSMan scripts
can now be used from the command-line in which case it reads a data
file and launches the graphical interface; suggested by Valère Robin.
- names of file formats in commands can now be given all in lower
- for MS-Windows users, the manual now explains how to set the
user directory under the user's ``Application Data'' directory;
contributed by Harald Stauss.
- explicit support for some more Garmin receivers or their new
firmware versions, including: the GPSMap 60, the StreetPilot i2, the
eTrex Venture and the Forerunner 305; with thanks to all those who
sent protocol lists: Philip Hands, Rolf Werum, Patrick Kik, Waldemar
de Laurent, Jon Niehof, Harry Jensen, Alberto Ham, Hans-Peter
Nilsson, Jorge Sanchez, Jeremiah Horner.
Fix: Apply the following patch, then
Committed, expect the second chunk of pkg-plist patch, which is incorrect, and
pav 2007-06-14 22:09:59 UTC
FreeBSD ports repository
astro/gpsman Makefile distinfo pkg-plist
- Update to 6.3.2
Submitted by: David Wolfskill <email@example.com> (maintainer)
Revision Changes Path
1.20 +1 -2 ports/astro/gpsman/Makefile
1.14 +3 -3 ports/astro/gpsman/distinfo
1.11 +4 -0 ports/astro/gpsman/pkg-plist
firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "email@example.com"