Some of the newer MS keyboard/mouse bundles act in even more mysterious
ways than their predecessors; they connect to the system via a composite
usb device and although both devices register as HID-class devices, the
keyboard presents a KEYBOARD protocol but the corresponding mouse has
its protocol and subclass fields zeroed-out. Due to this oddity, ukbd
succesfully attaches to the keyboard port but the mouse is claimed by
uhid and is therefore rendered unusable. This holds for (at least) the
MS Natural Desktop Pro and the MS Optical Desktop (v1008) bundles.
How-To-Repeat: Plug in any of teh two above bundles. The keyboard is succesfully
claimed by ukbd but you only get a uhid device for the mouse.
I just tried FreeBSD 7 Beta 4 with a Microsoft Habu Mouse (USB).
Unfortunately this mouse is detected as keyboard "ukbd", with and without
the patch from the PR.
The complete message is:
"uhid0: <Tempest Habu Mouse, class 0/0, rev 1=2E10/21=2E00, addr 2> on uhub1
ukbd0 <Tempest Habu Mouse, class 0/0, rev 1=2E10/21=2E00, addr 2> on uhub1
kbd2 at ukbd0"
When the patch is applied, the mouse will blink several times when booting.
Without the patch the mouse is powered on once at the beginning of the boot
process and will then be shutdown very fast.
I dont know what to do now, the mouse does not work with X? If you want me
to test something or send you more messages, feel free to contact me :-)
mail2web LIVE =96 Free email based on Microsoft=AE Exchange technology -
Microsoft Notebook Optical Mouse 3000 (Model 1049) gets recognized
with patch as ums
ums0: Microsoft Notebook Optical Mouse with Tilt Wheel, class 0/0, rev
2.00/1.20, addr 2 on uhub0
ums0: 3 buttons and Z dir and a TILT dir.
But it isn't functional in Xorg or with moused.
I'm using FreeBSD 7 (RELENG_7).
If I add the number (0x00d2) to usbhid there are a lot of phantom
clicks while moving the mouse around but no movement of the pointer
Microsoft Notebook Optical Mouse 3000 (Model 1049)
low speed, power 100mA, config 1
(0x00d2), Microsoft(0x045e), rev 1.20
this should solve your problem too, the Microsoft Habu should be just
a OEM Razer Copperhead.
For bugs matching the following criteria:
Status: In Progress Changed: (is less than) 2014-06-01
Reset to default assignee and clear in-progress tags.
Mail being skipped