In sysutils/apcupsd, a GAPCMON OPTION was added which conflicts with
sysutils/gapcmon. This is the same program and installs in the same
location. The sysutils/gapcmon port has been in place before gapcmon was
bundled with apcupsd.
There are several things that can be done:
1. CONFLICTS obviously will not work since gapcmon requires apcupsd.
2. Change the GAPCMON OPTION in sysutils/apcupsd to simply depend on the
sysutils/gapcmon port as a RUN_DEPENDS.
3. Remove the GAPCMON OPTION from sysutils/apcupsd.
4. Remove the sysutils/gapcmon port which would still require CONFLICTS.
I am the maintainer of sysutils/gapcmon and I favor option #2 since the separate
gapcmon project is updated more often than the one bundled with apcupsd. It
would also still give the user the option of installing the GUI.
sysutils/gapcmon does not depend on sysutils/apcupsd, so there wouldn't be a
How-To-Repeat: Install sysutils/gapcmon and sysutils/apcupsd with the GAPCMON OPTION enabled;
they will install conflicting files.
Over to maintainer (via the GNATS Auto Assign Tool)
itetcu 2008-09-07 07:45:07 UTC
FreeBSD ports repository
- conflict with sysutils/gapcmon when WITH_GAPCMON is on since this installs
the bundled gapcmon in the same place
- bump PORTREVISION
This is a temporary fix as his suggestion from the PR to depend on
sysutils/gapcmon is good but need further tests.
Submitted by: Jason E. Hale (sysutils/gapcmon maintainer)
Revision Changes Path
1.59 +2 -0 ports/sysutils/apcupsd/Makefile
email@example.com mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "firstname.lastname@example.org"
Suspend this PR until the freeze is over.