Bug 127130 - [NEW PORT] lang/mtasc: Motion-Twin ActionScript 2 Compiler [review req]
Summary: [NEW PORT] lang/mtasc: Motion-Twin ActionScript 2 Compiler [review req]
Status: Closed FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Ports & Packages
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Individual Port(s) (show other bugs)
Version: Latest
Hardware: Any Any
: Normal Affects Only Me
Assignee: chinsan
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2008-09-06 03:10 UTC by Marcin Cieslak
Modified: 2008-09-07 00:32 UTC (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:


Attachments
mtasc-1.14.shar (5.59 KB, text/plain)
2008-09-06 03:10 UTC, Marcin Cieslak
no flags Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Marcin Cieslak 2008-09-06 03:10:01 UTC
MTASC is the first ActionScript 2 Open Source free compiler.

It can compile large number of .as class files in a very short time
and generate directly the corresponding SWF bytecode without relying
on Macromedia Flash or other tools.

WWW:    http://mtasc.org/

1. I had to create my own distfiles out of CVS:

http://saper.info/distfiles/mtasc-1.14.tar.gz

It would be nice if it could be hosted off the FreeBSD local directories.

2. Since I have never had anything to do with OCaml, this port should be reviewed.

This compiler should be able to compile graphics/gnash test files.

Generated with FreeBSD Port Tools 0.77
Comment 1 chinsan freebsd_committer 2008-09-06 03:55:54 UTC
Responsible Changed
From-To: freebsd-ports-bugs->chinsan

I'll take this.
Comment 2 dfilter service freebsd_committer 2008-09-06 05:26:40 UTC
chinsan     2008-09-06 04:26:26 UTC

  FreeBSD ports repository

  Modified files:
    lang                 Makefile 
  Added files:
    lang/mtasc           Makefile distinfo pkg-descr pkg-plist 
    lang/mtasc/files     patch-basepath 
  Log:
  Add mtasc 1.14, motion-Twin ActionScript 2 Compiler.
  
  PR:             ports/127130
  Submitted by:   Marcin Cieslak <saper at SYSTEM.PL>
  
  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.602     +1 -0      ports/lang/Makefile
  1.1       +82 -0     ports/lang/mtasc/Makefile (new)
  1.1       +3 -0      ports/lang/mtasc/distinfo (new)
  1.1       +22 -0     ports/lang/mtasc/files/patch-basepath (new)
  1.1       +7 -0      ports/lang/mtasc/pkg-descr (new)
  1.1       +9 -0      ports/lang/mtasc/pkg-plist (new)
_______________________________________________
cvs-all@freebsd.org mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/cvs-all
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "cvs-all-unsubscribe@freebsd.org"
Comment 3 chinsan freebsd_committer 2008-09-06 05:28:59 UTC
State Changed
From-To: open->closed

Committed with some modification, thanks.
Comment 4 Dmitry Marakasov 2008-09-06 13:38:04 UTC
* Marcin Cieslak (saper@SYSTEM.PL) wrote:

> 1. I had to create my own distfiles out of CVS:
> http://saper.info/distfiles/mtasc-1.14.tar.gz
If you're using CVS head, you should also add snapshot date to
PORTVERSION and, thus, distname. I.e. mtasc-1.14-20080906.tar.gz.

> It would be nice if it could be hosted off the FreeBSD local directories.
Can do. Can't you host it on saper.info?

> 2. Since I have never had anything to do with OCaml, this port should be reviewed.
Me too actuallyr. But I can suggest some improvements.

First of all, ocaml-extlib dependency drives tinderbox crazy cause it's
actually incorrect: should use ${LOCALBASE}/${OCAML_SITELIBDIR} (or
${OCAML_LIBS}) instead of just ${OCAML_SITELIBDIR}.

Also there's USE_OCAML_FINDLIB support in bsd.ocaml.mk - it defined both
build and run dependency. Are you sure you don't need run dependency?

Next, better to

-.if !defined(NO_INSTALL_MANPAGES)
         ${INSTALL_MAN} ${WRKSRC}/mtasc/doc/mtasc.1 ${PREFIX}/man/man1
-.endif

as the port will have broken plist if NO_INSTALL_MANPAGES is defined. It
doesn't seem to be fully supported bu port.mk.

That's all for now, the port compiles fine on 6.3/7.0 i386/amd64 in a
tinderbox.

I'd also suggest to improve bsd.ocaml.mk to include missing binaries
(OCAMLLEX, OCAMLOPT) and maybe change it for variables to have more
intuitive meaning (i.e. OCAML_SITELIBDIR should be global path, just
like RUBY_SITELIBDIR, PYTHON_SITELIBDIR and PERL_SITELIBDIR), but it's
up to stas@.

-- 
Dmitry Marakasov   .   55B5 0596 FF1E 8D84 5F56  9510 D35A 80DD F9D2 F77D
amdmi3@amdmi3.ru  ..:  jabber: amdmi3@jabber.ru    http://www.amdmi3.ru
Comment 5 Marcin Cieslak 2008-09-06 14:43:25 UTC
Dmitry Marakasov wrote:
> * Marcin Cieslak (saper@SYSTEM.PL) wrote:
> 
>> 1. I had to create my own distfiles out of CVS:
>> http://saper.info/distfiles/mtasc-1.14.tar.gz
> If you're using CVS head, you should also add snapshot date to
> PORTVERSION and, thus, distname. I.e. mtasc-1.14-20080906.tar.gz.


I pulled off CVS version that is the same as 1.14, I have planned to 
have 20080906 suffix but finally decided to go for a plain version number.

>> It would be nice if it could be hosted off the FreeBSD local directories.
> Can do. Can't you host it on saper.info?


Well, we'll see :) We have now this and LOCAL subdirectory.

>> 2. Since I have never had anything to do with OCaml, this port should be reviewed.
> Me too actuallyr. But I can suggest some improvements.
> 
> First of all, ocaml-extlib dependency drives tinderbox crazy cause it's
> actually incorrect: should use ${LOCALBASE}/${OCAML_SITELIBDIR} (or
> ${OCAML_LIBS}) instead of just ${OCAML_SITELIBDIR}.


I think chinsan@ fixed this.

> 
> Also there's USE_OCAML_FINDLIB support in bsd.ocaml.mk - it defined both
> build and run dependency. Are you sure you don't need run dependency?


I think no, since it seems that extension are statically compiled-in.

> That's all for now, the port compiles fine on 6.3/7.0 i386/amd64 in a
> tinderbox.
> 
> I'd also suggest to improve bsd.ocaml.mk to include missing binaries
> (OCAMLLEX, OCAMLOPT) and maybe change it for variables to have more
> intuitive meaning (i.e. OCAML_SITELIBDIR should be global path, just
> like RUBY_SITELIBDIR, PYTHON_SITELIBDIR and PERL_SITELIBDIR), but it's
> up to stas@.


Yep, Cc:'d (now correctly).

Btw, can you run gnash suite on FreeBSD without problems? Is this mtasc 
dealing with this properly? I can see some issues with gnash CVS since 
for example my gstream has no flash support (and actually respective 
port is broken).

-- 
               << Marcin Cieslak // saper@system.pl >>
Comment 6 Dmitry Marakasov 2008-09-07 00:00:31 UTC
* Marcin Cieslak (saper@SYSTEM.PL) wrote:

>>> It would be nice if it could be hosted off the FreeBSD local directories.
>> Can do. Can't you host it on saper.info?
> Well, we'll see :) We have now this and LOCAL subdirectory.
I've put it into my MASTER_SITE_LOCAL too, it should be available as
soon as ftp mirrors catch up.
It's available right now from http://www.amdmi3.ru/distfiles/.

>> First of all, ocaml-extlib dependency drives tinderbox crazy cause it's
>> actually incorrect: should use ${LOCALBASE}/${OCAML_SITELIBDIR} (or
>> ${OCAML_LIBS}) instead of just ${OCAML_SITELIBDIR}.
> I think chinsan@ fixed this.
Yep. I wasn't aware it was committed already.

>> Also there's USE_OCAML_FINDLIB support in bsd.ocaml.mk - it defined both
>> build and run dependency. Are you sure you don't need run dependency?
> I think no, since it seems that extension are statically compiled-in.
Then we now have an extra run dependency :)

>> That's all for now, the port compiles fine on 6.3/7.0 i386/amd64 in a
>> tinderbox.
>>
>> I'd also suggest to improve bsd.ocaml.mk to include missing binaries
>> (OCAMLLEX, OCAMLOPT) and maybe change it for variables to have more
>> intuitive meaning (i.e. OCAML_SITELIBDIR should be global path, just
>> like RUBY_SITELIBDIR, PYTHON_SITELIBDIR and PERL_SITELIBDIR), but it's
>> up to stas@.
> Yep, Cc:'d (now correctly).
>
> Btw, can you run gnash suite on FreeBSD without problems? Is this mtasc  
> dealing with this properly? I can see some issues with gnash CVS since  
> for example my gstream has no flash support (and actually respective  
> port is broken).
Sorry, but I'm out of sync with gnash stuff for now, but I have
been plaiing to update gnash-devel to latest snapshot for some time.
Actually, plugins don't even work for me since I've switched to
Firefox 3 (neither gnash, nor djvu and java).

How's mtasc linked with gnash at all?

-- 
Dmitry Marakasov   .   55B5 0596 FF1E 8D84 5F56  9510 D35A 80DD F9D2 F77D
amdmi3@amdmi3.ru  ..:  jabber: amdmi3@jabber.ru    http://www.amdmi3.ru