Note: The port does not install dialup-admin, so
CVE-2008-4474, which is mentioned in the 2.1.2 release notes,
does not apply.
Unbreak - whilst marked as broken only on 6.x, the port was
broken on all supported versions following the autoconf
autoconf is used for the main program and for many of the
modules via AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS. The autoconf 2.61->2.62 upgrade
caused a regression with AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS - $host is not set
when running configure in a subdirectory, as seen in
config.log, though $build is set.
s/$host/$build/g in files/patch-pthread works round this
problem and unbreaks the port. However, I regard this as a
bodge; $host is about the target system whilst $build is about
the (possibly unrelated) build system. Until the root cause of
the problem with autoconf is understood and fixed (I'm unclear
whether it is to do with the changes in autoconf 2.62 or the
FreeBSD autoconf 2.62 port), at least this makes the port
Now that radmin and the other 2.1.x changes have had time to
stabilise, it is time to upgrade the port to 2.1.x. The
obsolete and rather broken (especially on 64 bit machines)
SNMP support has been removed; radmin(8) takes its place.
There is experimental support for SNMP via a Perl program that
uses the radmin interface, but this program is not yet able to
daemonise. When daemon support is added, I will add an rc.d
script for the SNMP program.
The port no longer installs an unnecessary
* Clients may now be defined dynamically, based on IP address.
* SNMP support is now available through an experimental Perl
script. See scripts/snmp-proxy/README
* SNMP statistics are available through Status-Server packets.
* Added more Microsoft attributes from bug #568.
* The "linelog" module has more functionality and flexibility.
* The debugging output has been sanitized. It should be much
* Debug logs can now be turned on/off while the server is
running, for a user, group, realm, etc. See the "log" section
* Added support for WiMAX Forum attributes. The dynamic keys
are not yet calculated. See share/dictionary.wimax
* Added session resumption for PEAP and TTLS.
See raddb/eap.conf, "cache" sub-section.
* Added "radmin" command-line tool for administering a running
See "man radmin" and raddb/sites-available/control-socket.
* Double escaping of '\\' in the "users" (and some other) files
has been fixed. If you have '\\' in the "users" file, your
configuration WILL NEED TO BE CHECKED, AND FIXED!
* Parse "security" section in radiusd.conf. This was
accidentally deleted in 2.0.5. Closes bug #566.
* Bind to interface before IP, which allows DHCP sockets to
listen on "*" for multiple interfaces.
* Fix handling of giaddr in DHCP responses.
* Corrected parsing of status_check in home_server so that it
* Fix hints so that "Puser" works again.
* Removed length restrictions on attribute names in the
* Update socket code to avoid C compiler optimizations.
* Many more options and features in radmin. See "man radmin" and
* Many more commands available via the control socket. Connect
via "radmin", and type "help" for more information.
* Added dictionary.networkphysics and dictionary.lancom.
* Calculate WiMAX MIP keys, and added sample WiMAX SQL tables.
* Fixed bug that made radmin not work
* Fixed Suse && Debian package scripts
* Fixed issues with dynamic clients
* Fixed configure checks for -lreadline
* rlm_sqlippool no longer needs to be linked to rlm_sql.
* Add statistics for detail file listeners. This closes bug #593.
* Fixed printing of some WiMAX attributes.
* Fix double free on exit() in rlm_attr_filter
* Fixed build issues on Solaris.
* Fixed fast session resumption for EAP-TLS
* Allow running with "user=radiusd" and binding to secure sockets.
* Start sending Status-Server "are you alive" messages earlier, which
helps with proxying multiple realms to a home server.
* Removed thread pool code from rlm_perl. It's not necessary.
* Added example Perl configuration to raddb/modules/perl
* Force OpenSSL to support certificates with SHA256. This seems to be
necessary for WiMAX certs.
* Fix Debian patch to allow it to build.
* Fix potential NULL dereference in debugging mode on certain
platforms for TTLS and PEAP inner tunnels.
* Fix uninitialized memory in handling of vendor definitions
* Fix parsing of quoted (but non-string) attributes in the "users" file.
* Initialize uknown NAS IP to 255.255.255.255, rather than 0.0.0.0
* use SUN_LEN in control socket, to avoid truncation on some platforms.
* Correct internal handling of "debug condition" to prevent it from
* Check return code of regcomp in "unlang", so that invalid regular
expressions are caught rather than mishandled.
* Make rlm_sql use <ltdl.h>. Addresses bug #610.
* Document list "type = status" better. Closes bug #580.
* Set "default days" for certificates, because OpenSSL won't do it.
This closes bug #615.
* Reference correct list in example raddb/modules/ldap. Closes #596.
* Increase default schema size for Acct-Session-Id to 64. Closes #540.
* Fix use of temporary files in dialup-admin. Closes #605 and
* Addressed a number of minor issues found by Coverity.
* Added DHCP option 150 to the dictionary. Closes #618.
2.1.3 is a repackaging of 2.1.2 with no other changes.
files/patch-config-security has been deleted.
No files have been added.
Fix: Patch attached with submission follows:
I'll take it.
miwi 2008-12-28 17:55:58 UTC
FreeBSD ports repository
net/freeradius2 Makefile distinfo pkg-plist
- Update to 2.1.3
Submitted by: David Wood <email@example.com> (maintainer)
Revision Changes Path
1.74 +26 -10 ports/net/freeradius2/Makefile
1.27 +3 -3 ports/net/freeradius2/distinfo
1.2 +0 -11 ports/net/freeradius2/files/patch-config-security (dead)
1.4 +8 -8 ports/net/freeradius2/files/patch-pthread
1.37 +56 -18 ports/net/freeradius2/pkg-plist
firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "email@example.com"