Update to FreeRADIUS 2.1.4.
This patch has been ready for a little while, but I was holding
back in the hope that the overdue FreeRADIUS 2.1.5 would be
released, fixing a few problems. With the imminent ports freeze, I
am submitting this patch now.
Patch raddb/certs/Makefile for the full path to the openssl binary
(so that ports OpenSSL is used to bootstrap the server if it is
Use the pkg-install mechanism to update the libdir line in
In this version of FreeRADIUS, it appears that radmin is broken on
FreeBSD if you have gid (and/or uid, presumably) set in
raddb/sites-available/control-socket. In this event, the call to
getpeereid(3) in line 2096 of src/main/command.c fails with
ENOTCONN, radiusd segfaults and radmin goes into a loop using 100%
CPU time on one core. I hope to look further into this, but that
is a low priority task for me. If you are affected, you'll have to
unset uid and gid in raddb/sites-available/control-socket and rely
purely on the file permissions of /var/run/radiusd/radiusd.sock
for security. In any event, radmin is not for production use - see
the warnings on the man page for radmin(1).
This really is version 2.1.4 - VERSION is mistakenly set to 2.1.5
(see http://preview.tinyurl.com/dcnbsz for more details).
* Permit multiple "-e" in radmin.
* Add support for originating CoA-Request and Disconnect-Request.
* Added "lifetime" and "max_queries" to raddb/sql.conf.
This helps address the problem of hung SQL sockets.
* Allow packets to be injected via radmin. See "inject help"
* Answer VMPS reconfirmation request. Patch from Hermann Lauer.
* Sample logrotate script in scripts/logrotate.freeradius
* Add configurable poll interval for "detail" listeners
* New "raddebug" command. This prints debugging information from
a running server. See "man raddebug.
* Add "require_message_authenticator" configuration to home_server
configuration. This makes the server add Message-Authenticator
to all outgoing Access-Request packets.
* Added smsotp module, as contributed by Siemens.
* Enabled the administration socket in the default install.
See raddb/sites-available/control-socket, and "man radmin"
* Handle duplicate clients, such as with replicated or
load-balanced SQL servers and "readclients = yes"
* Clean up control sockets when they are closed, so that we don't
* Define SUN_LEN for systems that don't have it.
* Correct some boundary conditions in the conditional checker ("if")
in "unlang". Bug noted by Arran Cudbard-Bell.
* Work around minor building issues in gmake. This should only
have affected developers.
* Change how we manage unprivileged user/group, so that we do not
create control sockets owned by root.
* Fixed more minor issues found by Coverity.
* Allow raddb/certs/bootstrap to run when there is no "make"
* In radiusd.conf, run_dir depends on the name of the program,
and isn't hard-coded to "..../radiusd"
* Check for EOF in more places in the "detail" file reader.
* Added Freeswitch dictionary.
* Chop ethernet frames in VMPS, rather than droppping packets.
* Fix EAP-TLS bug. Patch from Arnaud Ebalard
* Don't lose string for regex-compares in the "users" file.
* Expose more functions in rlm_sql to rlm_sqlippool, which
helps on systems where RTLD_GLOBAL is off.
* Fix typos in MySQL schemas for ippools.
* Remove macro that was causing build issues on some platforms.
* Fixed issues with dead home servers. Bug noted by Chris Moules.
* Fixed "access after free" with some dynamic clients.
No files have been been deleted.
files/patch-version and files/patch-bootstrap have been added.
Fix: Patch attached with submission follows:
I'll take it.
amdmi3 2009-04-09 23:54:04 UTC
FreeBSD ports repository
net/freeradius2 Makefile distinfo pkg-plist
net/freeradius2/files patch-bootstrap patch-version
- Update to 2.1.4.
Submitted by: David Wood <david at wood2 dot org dot uk> (maintainer)
Revision Changes Path
1.76 +20 -5 ports/net/freeradius2/Makefile
1.28 +3 -3 ports/net/freeradius2/distinfo
1.1 +11 -0 ports/net/freeradius2/files/patch-bootstrap (new)
1.1 +5 -0 ports/net/freeradius2/files/patch-version (new)
1.3 +15 -1 ports/net/freeradius2/files/pkg-install.in
1.38 +11 -1 ports/net/freeradius2/pkg-plist
email@example.com mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "firstname.lastname@example.org"