Bug 133751 - sysutils/bacula-client building/install problem on i386/FreeBSD-8
Summary: sysutils/bacula-client building/install problem on i386/FreeBSD-8
Status: Closed FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Ports & Packages
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Individual Port(s) (show other bugs)
Version: Latest
Hardware: Any Any
: Normal Affects Only Me
Assignee: Wesley Shields
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2009-04-15 14:30 UTC by Oleg Ginzburg
Modified: 2009-06-01 18:44 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Oleg Ginzburg 2009-04-15 14:30:01 UTC
Bacula-client with recently update to 3.0 version (from 20090412), does not compile on i386/FreeBSD -HEAD (bacula-server compiling ok). 

Message from compile session:
----
Compiling xattr.c                                                                                                                                                                  
xattr.c: In function 'bool generic_xattr_build_streams(JCR*, FF_PKT*, int)':                                                                                                       
xattr.c:261: error: 'llistxattr' was not declared in this scope                                                                                                                    
xattr.c:372: error: 'lgetxattr' was not declared in this scope                                                                                                                     
xattr.c: In function 'bool generic_xattr_parse_streams(JCR*)':                                                                                                                     
xattr.c:523: error: 'lsetxattr' was not declared in this scope                                                                                                                     
*** Error code 1                                                                                                                                                                   

Stop in /usr/ports/sysutils/bacula-client/work/bacula-3.0.0/src/filed.


  ====== Error in /usr/ports/sysutils/bacula-client/work/bacula-3.0.0/src/filed ======
----
Stop in /usr/ports/sysutils/bacula-client/work/bacula-3.0.0.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/sysutils/bacula-client.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/sysutils/bacula-client.
-------

How-To-Repeat: 1) portsnap fetch update;
2) cd /usr/ports/bacula-client
3) make install


note: Problem reproduce only for FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT/i386. On the 8.0-CURRENT/amd64 or 7.x/i386 all fine.
Comment 1 Edwin Groothuis freebsd_committer 2009-04-15 15:02:39 UTC
Maintainer of sysutils/bacula-client,

Please note that PR ports/133751 has just been submitted.

If it contains a patch for an upgrade, an enhancement or a bug fix
you agree on, reply to this email stating that you approve the patch
and a committer will take care of it.

The full text of the PR can be found at:
    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/133751

-- 
Edwin Groothuis via the GNATS Auto Assign Tool
edwin@FreeBSD.org
Comment 2 Edwin Groothuis freebsd_committer 2009-04-15 15:02:41 UTC
State Changed
From-To: open->feedback

Awaiting maintainers feedback (via the GNATS Auto Assign Tool)
Comment 3 Wesley Shields freebsd_committer 2009-04-15 15:43:52 UTC
Responsible Changed
From-To: freebsd-ports-bugs->wxs

I'll take it.
Comment 4 Wesley Shields freebsd_committer 2009-04-15 15:47:26 UTC
On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 01:23:17PM +0000, Oleg Ginzburg wrote:
> Bacula-client with recently update to 3.0 version (from 20090412),
> does not compile on i386/FreeBSD -HEAD (bacula-server compiling ok). 
> 
> Message from compile session:
> ----
> Compiling xattr.c
> xattr.c: In function 'bool generic_xattr_build_streams(JCR*, FF_PKT*, int)':
> xattr.c:261: error: 'llistxattr' was not declared in this scope
> xattr.c:372: error: 'lgetxattr' was not declared in this scope
> xattr.c: In function 'bool generic_xattr_parse_streams(JCR*)':
> xattr.c:523: error: 'lsetxattr' was not declared in this scope
> *** Error code 1
> 
> Stop in /usr/ports/sysutils/bacula-client/work/bacula-3.0.0/src/filed.

I just marked this port as BROKEN for -CURRENT.  I'm not sure of the
exact problem right now.  I will work with Dan to address this issue but
I don't know when the fix will be ready.

> note: Problem reproduce only for FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT/i386. On the
> 8.0-CURRENT/amd64 or 7.x/i386 all fine. 

I can reproduce this in a tinderbox on amd64.

-- WXS
Comment 5 Dan Langille 2009-04-16 00:28:24 UTC
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Wesley Shields wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 01:23:17PM +0000, Oleg Ginzburg wrote:
>> Bacula-client with recently update to 3.0 version (from 20090412),
>> does not compile on i386/FreeBSD -HEAD (bacula-server compiling ok). 
>>
>> Message from compile session:
>> ----
>> Compiling xattr.c
>> xattr.c: In function 'bool generic_xattr_build_streams(JCR*, FF_PKT*, int)':
>> xattr.c:261: error: 'llistxattr' was not declared in this scope
>> xattr.c:372: error: 'lgetxattr' was not declared in this scope
>> xattr.c: In function 'bool generic_xattr_parse_streams(JCR*)':
>> xattr.c:523: error: 'lsetxattr' was not declared in this scope
>> *** Error code 1
>>
>> Stop in /usr/ports/sysutils/bacula-client/work/bacula-3.0.0/src/filed.
> 
> I just marked this port as BROKEN for -CURRENT.  I'm not sure of the
> exact problem right now.  I will work with Dan to address this issue but
> I don't know when the fix will be ready.
> 
>> note: Problem reproduce only for FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT/i386. On the
>> 8.0-CURRENT/amd64 or 7.x/i386 all fine. 
> 
> I can reproduce this in a tinderbox on amd64.

I have posted to the Bacula devel mailing list:

http://marc.info/?l=bacula-devel&m=123983399313578&w=2

- --
Dan Langille

BSDCan - The Technical BSD Conference : http://www.bsdcan.org/
PGCon  - The PostgreSQL Conference:     http://www.pgcon.org/
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.11 (FreeBSD)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iEYEARECAAYFAknmbZgACgkQCgsXFM/7nTz8DACgp2vEP24kJu0JbADfmCpb2Eu0
3qYAoOemlorEpHOh05crbmtJDUTjoCYb
=lMyq
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Comment 6 dfilter service freebsd_committer 2009-06-01 17:49:48 UTC
wxs         2009-06-01 16:49:39 UTC

  FreeBSD ports repository

  Modified files:
    sysutils/bacula-server Makefile 
  Log:
  - Disable extended attributes to fix build on -current
  
  PR:             ports/133751
  Submitted by:   Oleg Ginzburg <oleg.ginzburg@nevosoft.ru>
  Approved by:    maintainer timeout
  
  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.116     +2 -5      ports/sysutils/bacula-server/Makefile
_______________________________________________
cvs-all@freebsd.org mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/cvs-all
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "cvs-all-unsubscribe@freebsd.org"
Comment 7 Wesley Shields freebsd_committer 2009-06-01 18:44:14 UTC
State Changed
From-To: feedback->closed

Committed. Thanks!