I finally found time to work with Freebsd 8.0 release from last fall. After struggling to find the correct configuration I was able to get my wireless interface working just great. In an attempt to get Gnome 2.3 loaded I performed a freebsd-update to 8.1 prerelease. After running install and rebooting twice the system booted up with the wlan0 device stating "associated." However, no network response was forth coming. After researching this on the web I found a blog that stated to insert the line synchonous_dhclient="yes." I did and the network interface was able to perform pings and traceroutes. But when I went to download a new package the network froze. Again, I researched the web and found instructions to add if_vlan_load and vaps_ath0="wlan0". Adding these did not make matters any better. I then "rolled back" the Freebsd to 8.0 release and changed the conf files back and the network is up and running as expected.
8.0 release config files
ssid="my wireless AP"
psk="my AP password"
How-To-Repeat: upgrade to 8.1 prerelease
under 7.3-STABLE is the same problem, on boot +2-3 minutes the
networking is ok, but after 2-3 minutes, it going down. The soultion
ifconfig_ath0="DHCP WPA protmode rtscts mode 11g -bgscan -burst
channel 12 -powersave"
It's an ar5212 tp-link wlan card.
Over to maintainer(s).
punt to mailing list
For bugs that match the following
- Status Is In progress
- Untouched since 2018-01-01.
- Affects Base System OR Documentation
Reset to open status.
I did a quick pass but if you are getting this email it might be worthwhile to double check to see if this bug ought to be closed.