Browsing into mame ports, I've found odd things I'd like to clean up :
- emulators/mame-devel has a wrong PORTNAME defined (probably a repocopy of sdlmame-devel)
- emulators/mame-devel is not referenced in emulators/Makefile, while sdlmame-devel is
Given that :
- sdl- ports are older than mame ones (SDL support included in mainstream code, see ports/145050)
- both sdlmame-devel and mame-devel have been marked IGNORE
- neither mame-devel or sdl-mame-devel is used as a dependency
what about leaving only emulators/mame in the ports tree ?
This means :
- remove emulators/mame-devel from the ports tree
- remove emulators/sdlmame-devel from emulators/Makefile and the ports tree
Submitter has GNATS access (via the GNATS Auto Assign Tool)
Maintainer of emulators/mame,
Please note that PR ports/155180 has just been submitted.
If it contains a patch for an upgrade, an enhancement or a bug fix
you agree on, reply to this email stating that you approve the patch
and a committer will take care of it.
The full text of the PR can be found at:
Edwin Groothuis via the GNATS Auto Assign Tool
Awaiting maintainers feedback (via the GNATS Auto Assign Tool)
martymac 2011-03-21 14:36:05 UTC
FreeBSD ports repository
emulators/sdlmame-devel Makefile distinfo pkg-descr pkg-plist
emulators/sdlmame-devel/files mame.ini patch-makefile
Remove emulators/sdlmame-devel (older than emulators/mame)
Discussed with: makc, bapt
Approved by: ehaupt (mentor), maintainer timeout
Revision Changes Path
1.307 +0 -1 ports/emulators/Makefile
1.38 +0 -76 ports/emulators/sdlmame-devel/Makefile (dead)
1.23 +0 -3 ports/emulators/sdlmame-devel/distinfo (dead)
1.4 +0 -262 ports/emulators/sdlmame-devel/files/mame.ini (dead)
1.14 +0 -67 ports/emulators/sdlmame-devel/files/patch-makefile (dead)
1.3 +0 -11 ports/emulators/sdlmame-devel/files/patch-sdlmain.c (dead)
1.4 +0 -13 ports/emulators/sdlmame-devel/files/pkg-message.in (dead)
1.4 +0 -26 ports/emulators/sdlmame-devel/files/sdl.mak.patch (dead)
1.2 +0 -17 ports/emulators/sdlmame-devel/pkg-descr (dead)
1.24 +0 -28 ports/emulators/sdlmame-devel/pkg-plist (dead)
email@example.com mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "firstname.lastname@example.org"
Committed (maintainer timeout)!