Since PR 157605 is committed (thanks to wen@), there is a gui version of 'shp2pgsql' (from databases/postgis). 'shp2pgsql-gui' can be used as standalone or within PgAdmin3 (databases/pgadmin3) to directly convert ESRI shapefiles and load them into a PostGIS enabled PostgreSQL database.
To be able to recognize 'shp2pgsql-gui', PgAdmin3 on FreeBSD also needs an entry in its plugins.ini file.
Fix: Patch attached with submission follows:
How-To-Repeat: After patching 'plugins.ini' you will find a new entry 'PostGIS Shapefile and DBF loader' in the Plugins menu of PgAdmin3.
Over to maintainer (via the GNATS Auto Assign Tool)
fjoe 2011-10-29 12:12:58 UTC
FreeBSD ports repository
databases/pgadmin3 Makefile distinfo pkg-plist
- update to latest stable release (1.14.0)
- remove CONFLICTS (it's now conflicts with itself :)), because we have no
another versions of pgadmin3 in the tree anymore
- update IGNORE_WITH_PGSQL - we doesn't have any of them < 82
- remove DEFAULT_PGSQL_VER. It's ok to use ports tree default (84),
because according to INSTALL file it now needs 8.4+ for building
- hold distfile in distfiles/postgresql
- remove WX_CONF_ARGS to avoid this warning:
configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-wx-config
- add 'PostGIS Shapefile and DBF loader' menu item 
Submitted by: Ruslan Mahmatkhanov
PR: 158599 
Submitted by: Rainer Hurling
Revision Changes Path
1.53 +5 -7 ports/databases/pgadmin3/Makefile
1.21 +2 -2 ports/databases/pgadmin3/distinfo
1.1 +17 -0 ports/databases/pgadmin3/files/patch-pgadmin_plugins.ini (new)
1.20 +41 -23 ports/databases/pgadmin3/pkg-plist
firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "email@example.com"