Bug 162680 - math/fricas: -->> lang/sbcl: checking Lisp implementation... fatal error encountered in SBCL pid 967: can't find core file at /usr/local/lib/sbcl//sbcl.core
Summary: math/fricas: -->> lang/sbcl: checking Lisp implementation... fatal error enco...
Status: Closed FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Ports & Packages
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Individual Port(s) (show other bugs)
Version: Latest
Hardware: Any Any
: Normal Affects Only Me
Assignee: Brendan Fabeny
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2011-11-19 17:10 UTC by O. Hartmann
Modified: 2011-12-09 13:10 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description O. Hartmann 2011-11-19 17:10:10 UTC
Doing the regular updates on ports dependend on lang/sbcl fail to compile/upgrade due to the below shown error.

GNU Make 3.82
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
checking for gcc... clang
checking whether the C compiler works... yes
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
checking for suffix of executables... 
checking whether we are cross compiling... no
checking for suffix of object files... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
checking whether clang accepts -g... yes
checking for clang option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c -o root -g wheel
checking for touch... touch
checking for mktemp... mktemp
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gtar... gtar
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for ar... ar
checking for latex... /usr/local/bin/latex
checking for makeindex... makeindex
checking for notangle... notangle
checking for noweave... noweave
checking Lisp implementation... fatal error encountered in SBCL pid 967:
can't find core file at /usr/local/lib/sbcl//sbcl.core


sed: config_cl.out: No such file or directory
configure: error: Unable to determine Lisp flavor
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to ports@FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
"/usr/ports/math/fricas/work/fricas-1.1.4/config.log" including the output
of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to provide
an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an `ls
/var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/math/fricas.

===>>> make failed for math/fricas
===>>> Aborting update

===>>> Update for math/fricas failed
===>>> Aborting update

===>>> The following actions were performed:
        Upgrade of mathomatic-15.7.0 to mathomatic-15.7.1
        Upgrade of ruby19-gems-1.8.10 to ruby19-gems-1.8.11


===>>> You can restart from the point of failure with this command line:
       portmaster <flags> math/fricas multimedia/vlc

Fix: 

In most cases, a manual rebuild of lang/sbcl is necessary and after such a rebuild installation of math/fricas is no problem.
Comment 1 Martin Wilke freebsd_committer 2011-11-19 18:38:49 UTC
Responsible Changed
From-To: freebsd-ports-bugs->bf

Currently is there no supported version for FreeBSD10, thats the reason 
why it faileds under 10.
Comment 2 b. f. 2011-11-22 19:56:30 UTC
On 11/19/11, miwi@freebsd.org <miwi@freebsd.org> wrote:
> Synopsis: math/fricas: -->> lang/sbcl: checking Lisp implementation... fatal
> error encountered in SBCL pid 967: can't find core file at
> /usr/local/lib/sbcl//sbcl.core
>
> Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-ports-bugs->bf
> Responsible-Changed-By: miwi
> Responsible-Changed-When: Sat Nov 19 18:38:49 UTC 2011
> Responsible-Changed-Why:
> Currently is there no supported version for FreeBSD10, thats the reason
> why it faileds under 10.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=162680
>

That should be fixed now, but I don't believe it was the reason for
the original bug report.  I am unable to reproduce the problem, but I
believe that it may be due to the fact that some clean-up script may
be periodically deleting /usr/local/lib/sbcl/sbcl.core, mistakenly
believing that it is a stale core dump. (For example,
/etc/periodic/daily/100.clean-disks, because *.core is in
daily_clean_disks_file in /etc/defaults/periodic.conf.)  If this is
the case, you may need to fix the patterns matched by that script.
The next time this occurs, check to see that
/usr/local/lib/sbcl/sbcl.core is present.  If it is, but the problem
still occurs, please send me a copy of your config.log.

Regards,
                 b.
Comment 3 Brendan Fabeny freebsd_committer 2011-11-23 01:00:28 UTC
State Changed
From-To: open->feedback

Information requested from submitter.
Comment 4 O. Hartmann 2011-11-23 07:37:40 UTC
On 11/22/11 20:56, b. f. wrote:
> On 11/19/11, miwi@freebsd.org <miwi@freebsd.org> wrote:
>> Synopsis: math/fricas: -->> lang/sbcl: checking Lisp implementation... fatal
>> error encountered in SBCL pid 967: can't find core file at
>> /usr/local/lib/sbcl//sbcl.core
>>
>> Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-ports-bugs->bf
>> Responsible-Changed-By: miwi
>> Responsible-Changed-When: Sat Nov 19 18:38:49 UTC 2011
>> Responsible-Changed-Why:
>> Currently is there no supported version for FreeBSD10, thats the reason
>> why it faileds under 10.
>>
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=162680
>>
> 
> That should be fixed now, but I don't believe it was the reason for
> the original bug report.  I am unable to reproduce the problem, but I
> believe that it may be due to the fact that some clean-up script may
> be periodically deleting /usr/local/lib/sbcl/sbcl.core, mistakenly
> believing that it is a stale core dump. (For example,
> /etc/periodic/daily/100.clean-disks, because *.core is in
> daily_clean_disks_file in /etc/defaults/periodic.conf.)  If this is
> the case, you may need to fix the patterns matched by that script.
> The next time this occurs, check to see that
> /usr/local/lib/sbcl/sbcl.core is present.  If it is, but the problem
> still occurs, please send me a copy of your config.log.
> 
> Regards,
>                  b.


I think you're right,
since the problem occurs on all FreeBSD boxes I administer.
It's a pitty that it is not supported under FBSD 10.

Regards,
Oliver
Comment 5 dfilter service freebsd_committer 2011-12-09 12:54:54 UTC
bf          2011-12-09 12:54:45 UTC

  FreeBSD ports repository

  Modified files:
    lang/sbcl            Makefile distinfo pkg-plist 
    lang/sbcl/files      customize-target-features.lisp 
    math/fricas          Makefile 
    math/maxima          Makefile pkg-message 
    math/open-axiom      Makefile 
    x11-wm/stumpwm       Makefile 
    x11-wm/cl-stumpwm    Makefile 
  Removed files:
    lang/sbcl/files      patch-contrib_sb-posix_posix-tests.lisp 
  Log:
  update lang/sbcl to 1.0.54, and adjust dependent ports (this allows sbcl to
  be build WITH_THREADS on recent versions of FreeBSD once again) [1]; rename
  *.core files in sbcl and math/maxima so that they are not removed by
  disk-cleaning scripts [2]; make it possible to use the makesum target in sbcl
  WITH_SBCL; fix maxima build WITH_CMUCL, and place a default memory cap of
  1GiB on amd64; reduce default output from a few targets in maxima, and defer
  patch cleaning to the pre-build target to make debugging easier
  
  PR:             162017 [1], 162680 [2]
  Approved by:    pav (portmgr)
  Feature safe:   yes
  
  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.96      +8 -14     ports/lang/sbcl/Makefile
  1.67      +2 -6      ports/lang/sbcl/distinfo
  1.3       +0 -1      ports/lang/sbcl/files/customize-target-features.lisp
  1.3       +0 -20     ports/lang/sbcl/files/patch-contrib_sb-posix_posix-tests.lisp (dead)
  1.48      +3 -1      ports/lang/sbcl/pkg-plist
  1.14      +1 -1      ports/math/fricas/Makefile
  1.73      +25 -13    ports/math/maxima/Makefile
  1.2       +5 -7      ports/math/maxima/pkg-message
  1.10      +1 -0      ports/math/open-axiom/Makefile
  1.13      +1 -1      ports/x11-wm/cl-stumpwm/Makefile
  1.11      +1 -1      ports/x11-wm/stumpwm/Makefile
_______________________________________________
cvs-all@freebsd.org mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/cvs-all
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "cvs-all-unsubscribe@freebsd.org"
Comment 6 b. f. 2011-12-09 13:05:18 UTC
I've made some changes to address this problem in the most recent
version of lang/sbcl (1.0.54).  Please update to the this version, and
let me know if this problem recurs.

b.
Comment 7 Brendan Fabeny freebsd_committer 2011-12-09 13:07:53 UTC
State Changed
From-To: feedback->closed

Problem is thought to be solved with lang/sbcl 1.0.54.