FreeBSD Bugzilla – Bug 163516
FreeBSD Port sysutils/bsdstats Defaults Override Patch
Last modified: 2012-01-07 23:20:12 UTC
Installing the FreeBSD port sysutils/bsdstats requires user interaction to answer questions about whether or not to enable monthly reporting, reporting on reboot, et cetera. The default options will be used if the PACKAGE_BUILDING environment variable is defined, but there are currently no environment variables to override the default options.
Fix: I've attached a patch for the pkg-install file that allows you to override the default options with the following environment variables:
- BSDSTATS_MONTHLY_ENABLE for "Would you like to activate monthly reporting in /etc/periodic.conf?", which is set to "no" by default
- BSDSTATS_MONTHLY_DEVICES for "Would you like to send a list of installed hardware as well?", which is set to "no" by default
- BSDSTATS_MONTHLY_PORTS for "Would you like to send a list of installed ports as well?", which is set to "no" by default
- BSDSTATS_MONTHLY_NOW for "Would you like to run it now?", which is set to "yes" by default
- BSDSTATS_REBOOT_REPORTING for "Would you like to activate reporting on reboot in /etc/rc.conf?", which is set to "no" by default
This patch also simplifies the pkg-install file a little.
Patch attached with submission follows:
How-To-Repeat: cd /usr/ports/sysutils/bsdstats
PACKAGE_BUILDING="yes" make install
Nice looking patch. would you like to take over maintaince?
Your pr's will be looked at faster if you are maintainer.
Ill take it
Committed, thanks. Would you consider taking over this port?
scheidell 2012-01-07 23:19:23 UTC
FreeBSD ports repository
- Simplifies installation and sets up default options
Submitted by: 4JT9aHfQ@nanoman.ca
Approved by: gabor (mentor, implicit)
Revision Changes Path
1.12 +33 -37 ports/sysutils/bsdstats/pkg-install
email@example.com mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "firstname.lastname@example.org"