There seem to be issues where net80211 doesn't quite get the "beacon miss" notification. It stays associated, the beacon interrupt/notification isn't occuring.
Adding on reset/beacon debugging (0x20 + 0x80) on ath0 (sysctl dev.ath.0.debug=0xa0) didn't show any beacon miss interrupts, software or hardware.
This is with one VAP STA on an AR9280.
What I think is happening is:
* the transition to -> RUN doesn't program in any beacon timers by default - it waits for the first beacon to be RX'ed before it programs in timers;
* but if it loses connectivity during a scan, the beacon timers won't ever be reprogrammed, as no beacons will occur.
So it stays associated.
It may be that we need to:
* program in some beacon TSF value for the initial state transition to RUN, and hope that a new beacon will come in and reprogram the timers.
* .. or also enable swbeacon support too for single-VAP STA mode?
How-To-Repeat: The above should be doable to reproduce - just enable beacon debugging, then do a scan and kill the AP whilst the station is scanning.
For bugs that match the following
- Status Is In progress
- Untouched since 2018-01-01.
- Affects Base System OR Documentation
Reset to open status.
I did a quick pass but if you are getting this email it might be worthwhile to double check to see if this bug ought to be closed.