Bug 165449 - portupgrade on multimedia/libbluray fails
portupgrade on multimedia/libbluray fails
Status: Closed FIXED
Product: Ports & Packages
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Individual Port(s)
Latest
Any Any
: Normal Affects Only Me
Assigned To: Ruslan Makhmatkhanov
:
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2012-02-24 13:50 UTC by freebsd.users
Modified: 2012-03-22 07:11 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:


Attachments
patch-ports-multimedia-libbluray.txt (1.79 KB, patch)
2012-03-18 15:25 UTC, kamikaze
no flags Details | Diff
patch-ports-multimedia-libbluray.txt (2.20 KB, patch)
2012-03-20 22:30 UTC, kamikaze
no flags Details | Diff
patch-ports-multimedia-libbluray-deps.txt (2.14 KB, patch)
2012-03-20 22:30 UTC, kamikaze
no flags Details | Diff

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description freebsd.users 2012-02-24 13:50:11 UTC
portupgrade on libbluray-0.2.20110219 fails http://paste.pocoo.org/show/556051/

How-To-Repeat: Install or upgrade multimedia/libbluray
Comment 1 Edwin Groothuis freebsd_committer 2012-02-24 13:50:19 UTC
Maintainer of multimedia/libbluray,

Please note that PR ports/165449 has just been submitted.

If it contains a patch for an upgrade, an enhancement or a bug fix
you agree on, reply to this email stating that you approve the patch
and a committer will take care of it.

The full text of the PR can be found at:
    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/165449

-- 
Edwin Groothuis via the GNATS Auto Assign Tool
edwin@FreeBSD.org
Comment 2 Edwin Groothuis freebsd_committer 2012-02-24 13:50:21 UTC
State Changed
From-To: open->feedback

Awaiting maintainers feedback (via the GNATS Auto Assign Tool)
Comment 3 Ruslan Makhmatkhanov freebsd_committer 2012-02-24 14:09:35 UTC
Responsible Changed
From-To: freebsd-ports-bugs->rm

I will take it.
Comment 4 cvs-src 2012-02-24 14:12:23 UTC
The workaround is to disable java support (default). I'll investigate 
further.

-- 
Regards,
Ruslan

Tinderboxing kills... the drives.
Comment 5 kamikaze 2012-03-17 18:56:19 UTC
There's a bug in the packaging of 0.2.1. I have a fix, but it adds
a 1M shar to the files directory. I need some webspace to host the
missing sources.

-- 
A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Comment 6 kamikaze 2012-03-18 15:25:11 UTC
Kurt Jaeger has provided me with webspace.

The patch is attached, ports/166223 is a prerequisite
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=166223

Apply with patch -E, it removes a file.

-- 
A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Comment 7 cvs-src 2012-03-19 10:28:27 UTC
Hi, Dominic!

Dominic Fandrey wrote on 17.03.2012 23:00:
> The following reply was made to PR ports/165449; it has been noted by GNATS.
>
> From: Dominic Fandrey<kamikaze@bsdforen.de>
> To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, freebsd.users@gmail.com
> Cc:
> Subject: Re: ports/165449: portupgrade on multimedia/libbluray fails
> Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 19:56:19 +0100
>
>   There's a bug in the packaging of 0.2.1. I have a fix, but it adds
>   a 1M shar to the files directory. I need some webspace to host the
>   missing sources.

I'm sorry for delay. I seems missing the point of problem.
Would you please provide some details about what is broken in packaging? 
Does it have any relation to original breakage report (that's java 
related imho)? What the reason to host use self-made (?) distfile, not 
official videolan's one? Thanks.

-- 
Regards,
Ruslan

Tinderboxing kills... the drives.
Comment 8 kamikaze 2012-03-19 11:28:09 UTC
On 19/03/2012 11:28, Ruslan Mahmatkhanov wrote:
> Dominic Fandrey wrote on 17.03.2012 23:00:
>> There's a bug in the packaging of 0.2.1. I have a fix, but it adds
>> a 1M shar to the files directory. I need some webspace to host the
>> missing sources.
>
> I'm sorry for delay. I seems missing the point of problem.
> Would you please provide some details about what is broken in packaging? Does it have any relation to original breakage report (that's java related imho)? What the reason to host use self-made (?) distfile, not official videolan's one? Thanks.

Most of the sources needed to build BDJ are missing:
- src/libbluray/bdj/java/ containing 548 files
- src/libbluray/bdj/build.xml

There's a mail somewhere on the libbluray mailing list about it.

By the way, libbluray 0.2.2 has just been tagged:
http://git.videolan.org/gitweb.cgi/libbluray.git/?a=commit;h=6181d501568f41266fb1a07be37f22672e3b3121

At the time of writing, no distfiles are available, though. I
expect it within the week though and will provide a proper patch.

Regards

-- 
A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Comment 9 cvs-src 2012-03-19 12:08:21 UTC
Dominic Fandrey wrote on 19.03.2012 15:28:
> Most of the sources needed to build BDJ are missing:
> - src/libbluray/bdj/java/ containing 548 files
> - src/libbluray/bdj/build.xml
>
> There's a mail somewhere on the libbluray mailing list about it.
>
> By the way, libbluray 0.2.2 has just been tagged:
> http://git.videolan.org/gitweb.cgi/libbluray.git/?a=commit;h=6181d501568f41266fb1a07be37f22672e3b3121
>
>
> At the time of writing, no distfiles are available, though. I
> expect it within the week though and will provide a proper patch.
>
> Regards

Ok, so I'd prefer to wait for 0.2.2 because it seems to be soon and java 
isn't default anyway. Am I right that missing java-related files are now 
included into official 0.2.2 (I didn't checked git repo)?

-- 
Regards,
Ruslan

Tinderboxing kills... the drives.
Comment 10 kamikaze 2012-03-19 13:23:18 UTC
On 19/03/2012 13:08, Ruslan Mahmatkhanov wrote:
> Dominic Fandrey wrote on 19.03.2012 15:28:
>> Most of the sources needed to build BDJ are missing:
>> - src/libbluray/bdj/java/ containing 548 files
>> - src/libbluray/bdj/build.xml
>>
>> There's a mail somewhere on the libbluray mailing list about it.
>>
>> By the way, libbluray 0.2.2 has just been tagged:
>> http://git.videolan.org/gitweb.cgi/libbluray.git/?a=commit;h=6181d501568f41266fb1a07be37f22672e3b3121
>>
>>
>> At the time of writing, no distfiles are available, though. I
>> expect it within the week though and will provide a proper patch.
>>
>> Regards
>
> Ok, so I'd prefer to wait for 0.2.2 because it seems to be soon and java isn't default anyway. Am I right that missing java-related files are now included into official 0.2.2 (I didn't checked git repo)?

They were in the repo for 0.2.1, too. Just not in the the tar.

-- 
A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Comment 11 kamikaze 2012-03-20 22:30:37 UTC
Ladies and genlemen, I proudly present, libbluray 0.2.2.

It /still/ depends on ports/166223 and it still should be applied with
"patch -E".

Along the way, let's update some dependencies on the way.

Am I the only one finding it ironic that vlc comes without libbluray
support in the ports?

-- 
A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Comment 12 cvs-src 2012-03-21 08:09:41 UTC
Dominic Fandrey wrote on 21.03.2012 02:40:
>   Ladies and genlemen, I proudly present, libbluray 0.2.2.
>
>   It /still/ depends on ports/166223 and it still should be applied with
>   "patch -E".

Dominic, please let's wait a little for libbluray upstream response (I 
added you to cc: ).

>
>   Along the way, let's update some dependencies on the way.
>
>   Am I the only one finding it ironic that vlc comes without libbluray
>   support in the ports?

I'd suggest that you open new pr with request for adding lubbluray 
dependency to multimedia/vlc, so that Joseph will be aware about this.

-- 
Regards,
Ruslan

Tinderboxing kills... the drives.
Comment 13 dfilter freebsd_committer 2012-03-22 06:52:44 UTC
rm          2012-03-22 06:52:34 UTC

  FreeBSD ports repository

  Modified files:
    multimedia/libbluray Makefile distinfo pkg-plist 
    multimedia/libxine   Makefile 
    multimedia/mplayer   Makefile.options 
    multimedia/vdr-plugin-xineliboutput Makefile 
    multimedia/xbmc      Makefile 
    multimedia/xbmc-pvr  Makefile 
  Removed files:
    multimedia/libbluray/files patch-configure.ac 
  Log:
  - update to 0.2.2
  - chase shlib bump in dependent ports
  - bump PORTREVISION for xbmc and xbmc-pvr
  
  Please note that this commit isn't actually feature safe, because it bumps
  portrevision for two (not that small) ports. But it fixes the breakage, reported
  in PR, and, as side effect, raises library version.
  
  PR:             165449
  Reported by:    Justin <freebsd.users at gmail dot com>
  Submitted by:   Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze at bsdforen dot de> (maintainer)
  Feature safe:   yes
  
  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.3       +4 -4      ports/multimedia/libbluray/Makefile
  1.3       +2 -2      ports/multimedia/libbluray/distinfo
  1.3       +0 -11     ports/multimedia/libbluray/files/patch-configure.ac (dead)
  1.3       +1 -1      ports/multimedia/libbluray/pkg-plist
  1.181     +1 -1      ports/multimedia/libxine/Makefile
  1.30      +2 -2      ports/multimedia/mplayer/Makefile.options
  1.13      +1 -1      ports/multimedia/vdr-plugin-xineliboutput/Makefile
  1.12      +2 -1      ports/multimedia/xbmc-pvr/Makefile
  1.23      +2 -1      ports/multimedia/xbmc/Makefile
_______________________________________________
cvs-all@freebsd.org mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/cvs-all
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "cvs-all-unsubscribe@freebsd.org"
Comment 14 Ruslan Makhmatkhanov freebsd_committer 2012-03-22 07:11:35 UTC
State Changed
From-To: feedback->closed

Committed, thank you!