Bug 166630 - [patch] devel/xdg-utils: add RUN_DEPENDS upon misc/hicolor-icon-theme
[patch] devel/xdg-utils: add RUN_DEPENDS upon misc/hicolor-icon-theme
Status: Closed FIXED
Product: Ports & Packages
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Individual Port(s)
Latest
Any Any
: Normal Affects Only Me
Assigned To: gnome
:
Depends on:
Blocks:
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2012-04-04 08:20 UTC by bsam
Modified: 2012-04-18 20:40 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:


Attachments
file.diff (756 bytes, patch)
2012-04-04 08:20 UTC, bsam
no flags Details | Diff
djview4.diff (990 bytes, patch)
2012-04-16 14:47 UTC, bsam
no flags Details | Diff

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description bsam 2012-04-04 08:20:00 UTC
While working at graphics/djview4 I've got an error:
-----
xdg-icon-resource: No writable system icon directory found.
-----

The port devel/xdg-utils is installed but lacking infrastructure
directories. It's the /usr/local/share/icons/hicolor/ which is
missing.

Fix: Patch attached with submission follows:
Comment 1 Edwin Groothuis freebsd_committer 2012-04-04 08:20:17 UTC
Responsible Changed
From-To: freebsd-ports-bugs->gnome

Over to maintainer (via the GNATS Auto Assign Tool)
Comment 2 mezz.freebsd 2012-04-16 14:33:11 UTC
Can you send me a patch of graphics/djview4 that you are working on? I
do not believe that xdg-utils needs hicolor-icon-theme dependency,
because the xdg-icon-resource[1] is for install/uninstall icons stuff.
Nothing more.

[1] http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/jaunty/man1/xdg-icon-resource.1.html

Thanks,
Mezz


-- 
mezz.freebsd@gmail.com - mezz@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome/ - gnome@FreeBSD.org
Comment 3 bsam 2012-04-16 14:47:22 UTC
On 16.04.2012 17:33, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> Can you send me a patch of graphics/djview4 that you are working on?

Yes, attached.

-- 
WBR, Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD Committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve
Comment 4 mezz.freebsd 2012-04-17 03:16:07 UTC
On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 8:47 AM, Boris Samorodov <bsam@passap.ru> wrote:
> On 16.04.2012 17:33, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>>
>> Can you send me a patch of graphics/djview4 that you are working on?
>
>
> Yes, attached.

After read in the xdg-icon-resource(1) careful again.

"--theme theme
 Installs or removes the icon file as part of theme. If no theme is
specified the icons will be installed as part of the default hicolor
theme. Applications may install icons under multiple themes but should
at least install icons for the default hicolor theme."

You are right, go ahead commit it. Thanks!

Cheers,
Mezz


> --
> WBR, Boris Samorodov (bsam)
> FreeBSD Committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve


-- 
mezz.freebsd@gmail.com - mezz@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome/ - gnome@FreeBSD.org
Comment 5 mezz.freebsd 2012-04-17 03:28:02 UTC
On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 9:16 PM, Jeremy Messenger
<mezz.freebsd@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 8:47 AM, Boris Samorodov <bsam@passap.ru> wrote:
>> On 16.04.2012 17:33, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>>>
>>> Can you send me a patch of graphics/djview4 that you are working on?
>>
>>
>> Yes, attached.
>
> After read in the xdg-icon-resource(1) careful again.
>
> "--theme theme
> =A0Installs or removes the icon file as part of theme. If no theme is
> specified the icons will be installed as part of the default hicolor
> theme. Applications may install icons under multiple themes but should
> at least install icons for the default hicolor theme."
>
> You are right, go ahead commit it. Thanks!

If you want my honest opinion. I think hicolor theme dependency should
be added in djview4 instead of xdg-utils. But not many ports install
in different theme? I don't have any problem if anyone object my
approve and your patch however.

> Cheers,
> Mezz
>
>
>> --
>> WBR, Boris Samorodov (bsam)
>> FreeBSD Committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve
>
>
> --
> mezz.freebsd@gmail.com - mezz@FreeBSD.org
> FreeBSD GNOME Team
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome/ - gnome@FreeBSD.org



--=20
mezz.freebsd@gmail.com - mezz@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome/ - gnome@FreeBSD.org
Comment 6 dfilter freebsd_committer 2012-04-18 20:31:27 UTC
bsam        2012-04-18 19:31:11 UTC

  FreeBSD ports repository

  Modified files:
    devel/xdg-utils      Makefile 
  Log:
  Add misc/hicolor-icon-theme to RUN_DEPENDS.
  
  From xdg-icon-resource(1):
   "--theme theme
    Installs or removes the icon file as part of theme. If no theme is
   specified the icons will be installed as part of the default hicolor
   theme. Applications may install icons under multiple themes but should
   at least install icons for the default hicolor theme."
  
  In my case graphics/djview4 needs this dependency.
  
  PR:             ports/166630
  Submitted by:   bsam (me)
  Approved by:    gnome (mezz, reluctantly (-: and eager to withdraw
                  his approval if someone objects)
  Discussed at:   freebsd-gnome
  
  Revision  Changes    Path
  1.12      +3 -1      ports/devel/xdg-utils/Makefile
_______________________________________________
cvs-all@freebsd.org mailing list
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/cvs-all
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "cvs-all-unsubscribe@freebsd.org"
Comment 7 Boris Samorodov freebsd_committer 2012-04-18 20:31:45 UTC
State Changed
From-To: open->closed

Committed, thanks! ;-)