I have lenovo s10-2 (which is have some unsupported broadcom wifi).
I did replace wifi with
ath0: <Atheros 5424/2424> mem 0x56100000-0x5610ffff irq 17 at device 0.0 on pci2
ath0: AR2425 mac 14.2 RF5424 phy 7.0
And weirdness begin.
At my home I have wifi router in WEP mode. All devices/laptops are
working just fine. But s10-2 is somehow get broken packets;
fetch - got broken downloads (incorrect MD5, and sometimes say to me
that length of file is invalid);
wget - stops, saying something about MAC error.
ssh - works fine while I simply use console (cd, ls) - can lasts
hours.but! If I run mc, and starts something like copy/delete files
(which heavily updates screen) - ssh drops connections with message
browsing - pretty working (but not file downloads of course).
At my workplace we using WPA with password. At work I can download
packages,files,etc - all is OK with fine checksums.
I happen to note this while testing PC-BSD 9.0, currently I'm on
latest PC-BSD beta.
P.S. I have other lappy and few other devices in same WEP network, all is working.
Over to maintainer(s).
For bugs that match the following
- Status Is In progress
- Untouched since 2018-01-01.
- Affects Base System OR Documentation
Reset to open status.
I did a quick pass but if you are getting this email it might be worthwhile to double check to see if this bug ought to be closed.