When UDP iperf transmit is going on, a WPA group rekey fails and the AP ditches the station.
What's going on:
* FreeBSD AP -> FreeBSD STA (both ath)
* AP sends a WPA rekey EAPOL message to the STA
* STA updates the key, sends an EAPOL message back
* AP doesn't get it, so it eventually disconnects the station.
* The STA gets the EAPOL group rekey frame
* the STA updates the keycache entry
* The STA sends the EAPOL response
* .. but it doesn't actually send the frame, it gets dropped by ath_start() because the buffers are all allocated.
I'll dig into it some more.
Over to maintainer(s).
For bugs that match the following
- Status Is In progress
- Untouched since 2018-01-01.
- Affects Base System OR Documentation
Reset to open status.
I did a quick pass but if you are getting this email it might be worthwhile to double check to see if this bug ought to be closed.