This is a submission for a new fortune. It's derived from the list
that's been making its way around the net for a while now. I wasn't sure
which file it should belong to, so I will leave that to the discretion of
whoever commits it.
Not a patch, re above.
Top 10 things likely to be overheard if you had a Klingon Programmer
10) "Specifications are for the weak and timid!"
9) "You question the worthiness of my code? I should kill you where you stand!"
8) "Indentation?! - I will show you how to indent when I indent your skull!"
7) "What is this talk of 'release'? Klingons do not make software 'releases'.
Our software 'escapes' leaving a bloody trail of designers and quality
assurance people in it's wake."
6) "Klingon function calls do not have 'parameters' - they have 'arguments'
- and they ALWAYS WIN THEM."
5) "Debugging? Klingons do not debug. Our software does not coddle the weak."
4) "A TRUE Klingon Warrior does not comment his code!"
3) "Klingon software does NOT have BUGS. It has FEATURES that are too
sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand."
2) "You cannot truly appreciate Dilbert unless you've read it in the
1) "Our users will know fear and cower before our software! Ship it! Ship it
and let them flee like the dogs they are!"
I'm quite in favour of this fortune. With permission, will commit.
A version of this fortune has been committed by hoek in revision 1.40 of