Bug 187370 - [maintainer-update] [patch] mail/trojita: Update to 0.4, create new slave port
Summary: [maintainer-update] [patch] mail/trojita: Update to 0.4, create new slave port
Status: Closed FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Ports & Packages
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Individual Port(s) (show other bugs)
Version: Latest
Hardware: Any Any
: Normal Affects Only Me
Assignee: Matthias Andree
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2014-03-08 12:10 UTC by Marco Bröder
Modified: 2014-03-24 17:20 UTC (History)
0 users

See Also:


Attachments
file.diff (3.54 KB, patch)
2014-03-08 12:10 UTC, Marco Bröder
no flags Details | Diff

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Marco Bröder 2014-03-08 12:10:00 UTC
Update to 0.4 release.

Add Qt 5 toolkit support.

Patch search path for linguisttools binaries.

Create a new slave port mail/trojita-qt4 for Qt 4 toolkit support and connect
it in mail/Makefile.


Build tests:
# portlint -C
# make DEVELOPER=yes stage check-orphans package install deinstall clean
# poudriere testport ... on amd64 for head, stable/10, releng/9.2, releng/8.4

Runtime tests:
on stable/10 amd64


Thanks!

Fix: Patch attached with submission follows:
Comment 1 Matthias Andree freebsd_committer 2014-03-23 16:49:54 UTC
Responsible Changed
From-To: freebsd-ports-bugs->mandree

I'll take it.
Comment 2 Matthias Andree freebsd_committer 2014-03-23 17:15:09 UTC
State Changed
From-To: open->closed

Committed, with minor changes. Thanks!
Comment 3 Matthias Andree freebsd_committer 2014-03-23 17:16:38 UTC
Note that I converted line endings from CRLF ("dos" or "Windows"-style)
to Unix style in all files.

Please make sure to submit future patches with Unix (LF-only) line ends.
Comment 4 Marco Bröder 2014-03-23 18:06:31 UTC
On Sun, 23 Mar 2014 18:16:38 +0100
Matthias Andree <mandree@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Note that I converted line endings from CRLF ("dos" or "Windows"-style)
> to Unix style in all files.
> 
> Please make sure to submit future patches with Unix (LF-only) line ends.


Sorry for this trouble! But I have actually no idea where those CRLFs come
from. I do not use Windows, just FreeBSD exclusively.

Emacs and Git both use and show (of course) LF line endings. I configured
them to highlight non-Unix line endings and whitespace issues.

First I thought Gnats stored it wrong, but I verified my submitted patch.
The local stored file (directly from Git) and the downloaded patch from
Gnats web interface both use Unix LF line endings.

I really do not know where this comes from. But from my side everything
looks alright like always. I never had any complain about something like
this.

I am sorry!

And thank you for your very quick commit!

-- 
Kind regards
Comment 5 Matthias Andree freebsd_committer 2014-03-23 18:42:55 UTC
Am 23.03.2014 19:06, schrieb Marco Bröder:
> On Sun, 23 Mar 2014 18:16:38 +0100
> Matthias Andree <mandree@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> 
>> Note that I converted line endings from CRLF ("dos" or "Windows"-style)
>> to Unix style in all files.
>>
>> Please make sure to submit future patches with Unix (LF-only) line ends.
> 
> Sorry for this trouble! But I have actually no idea where those CRLFs come
> from. I do not use Windows, just FreeBSD exclusively.
> 
> Emacs and Git both use and show (of course) LF line endings. I configured
> them to highlight non-Unix line endings and whitespace issues.
> 
> First I thought Gnats stored it wrong, but I verified my submitted patch.
> The local stored file (directly from Git) and the downloaded patch from
> Gnats web interface both use Unix LF line endings.

Interesting.

I used wget on FreeBSD 9.2 to fetch the patch from the GNATS web
interface, and the patch appears to have double line spacing there, too.
Comment 6 Marco Bröder 2014-03-24 17:17:51 UTC
On Sun, 23 Mar 2014 19:42:55 +0100
Matthias Andree <mandree@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Interesting.
> 
> I used wget on FreeBSD 9.2 to fetch the patch from the GNATS web
> interface, and the patch appears to have double line spacing there,
> too.


I verified everything locally stored on my side is in Unix EoL. It
would be a big surprise if not. So that is not the problem.

I have something new learned.

Firefox behaves strangely. Yesterday I downloaded the Gnats stored
patch via `Save Link As' and verified it with Emacs, Vi, Diffuse and
Kate. All of them showed Unix LF EoL. Today I did the same, but via
`Save Page As' from opened site

https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=187370&getpatch=2

and now, that file actually has CR/LF EoL. I do not know why it was
different yesterday.

So the Gnats stored patch is indeed not the same as my locally stored.

Either Gnats or my MUA modified the patch. It was sent with base64
encoding. And looking at the MIME specification it specifies that any
extra-alphabetic characters must be ignored by a compliant decoder,
although most implementations use a CR/LF newline pair to delimit
encoded lines.

There it is! My MUA (Claws Mail) seems to use LF not CR/LF (the
extracted file from email has LF EoL). It looks like Gnats is the
culprit, because it uses CR/LF.

So base64 encoded email attachments are _not_ usable with Gnats.

Lesson learned.

-- 
Kind regards