Created attachment 143697 [details]
Added stage support to thundersnarf
Added stage support to www/thundersnarf.
CC: maintainer so he knows what's going on
wow, looking at this patch it seems that the original pkg-plist was essentially completely and utterly broken.
Which means the PORTREVISION needs to be incremented too.
like thundercache, this port had some existing issues.
like passing -m 555 to INSTALL_SCRIPT which already sets mode, and muting installation commands. Also cp -r used install of install macros, so I'm cleaning these up too.
A commit references this bug:
Date: Fri Jun 13 21:39:42 UTC 2014
New revision: 357723
www/thundersnarf: Add stage support and several fixes
The PR that provided stage support corrected an almost empty pkg-plist
so that it now has over 2400 entries. However, that wasn't the only
issue. Some additional fixes "while we're here" are:
* Convert to USES+=tar:bzip2 (PR)
* Use new style for LIB_DEPENDS (PR)
* Simplify WRKSRC (remove redundant :R modifier)
* Convert to USES+=pgsql and WANT_PGSQL from USE_PGSQL
* Convert to USE_PHP+= pdo pdo_pgsql
* Remove manual RUN_DEPENDS
* Remove redundant "-m 555" as INSTALL_SCRIPT already does this
* Unmute installation commands
* Use COPYTREE_SHARE instead of cp -R
* Remove pkg-message post-install target (missed by PR)
* Remove whitespace in WWW line of pkg-descr file
* use @owner, @group in pkg-plist (functionality lost by PR)
* Add port-extract to remove unwanted file that appears (F10+)
Submitted by: Joe Benden
Fixes by: marino
Approved by: stage and just-fix-it blankets
Note that all the new pkg-plist lines were wrong.
You had them start "%%WWWDIR%%/thundersnarf/" but WWWDIR = www/thundersnarf.
This made the line be "www/thundersnarf/thundersnarf". Only one is needed, so I removed "/thundersnarf".
It passes redports 8x
Also not that the tarball extracts differently between FreeBSD 8/9 and FreeBSD 10/11. An extra file appears in FreeBSD 8/9. I had to use a post-extract target to remove it *if* it's there.
Lots of additional changes and the remove of the cat pkg-message was missed (it's not needed by stage).