Created attachment 144064 [details]
Patch against HEAD
I saw on the FreeBSD Ideas page topic about cron :).
I've started updating the 'original' FreeBSD cron from sources to vixi cron 4.1. I think (well I hope :P) most of the features that were done in FreeBSD cron are now ported into vixi cron 4.1, there are unfortunately some missing features at the moment:
- @every_second - this need to be done
- -s and -o, in vixi cron 4.1 daylight time switches are enabled by default, at the moment there is no -s and -o options. So you need to remove '-s' from the cron rc script
I've also added one feature from OpenBSD, crontab is poking cron using unix-domain socket so we don't need to have suid on crontab.
Path is in the attachment (it was done against freebsd HEAD). I'm testing it on my FreeBSD box and it looks good but anyway don't try it on production machines :).
After the installation we have to do a few things:
- Add crontab group
- Change group to crontab on /var/cron/tabs
- Add sticky bit on /var/cron/tabs
- Add group write permissions on /var/cron/tabs
This is still work in progress but if someone could have a look on this and give me some feedback it would be great.