FreeBSD Bugzilla – Bug 191758
[PATCH][STAGE] lang/twelf: Update to 1.7.1, Take MAINTAINERship
Last modified: 2014-09-06 05:16:42 UTC
Created attachment 144533 [details]
- Update port to latest version (tested targets: stage, check-plist, package,
install and verified that it loaded twelf .elf files correctly)
- Implemented STAGE support
- Implement support for license (now 2-clause BSD, no longer restricted)
- Modernized build significantly, simplifying several steps
- Set my email as the maintainer (I would like to maintain it if possible, no
one is currently the maintainer at the moment).
- Only use mlton for build for now (if smlnj port gets fixed, then I could
implement smlnj support as well, but mlton is far more industrial strength
Apply patch and build port
The included patch
To help get eyes on this and expedite committing your changes, may I suggest documenting the following in this issue:
1) portlint output (-AC flags)
2) Builds logs (attached or urls) for a few FreeBSD version/arch combinations
Tip: The following can help you with (2):
a) RedPorts(.org) - Sign up, wait for activation, test
b) poudriere (testport) on a few jails (#poudriere on freenode IRC for help)
c) ports-mgmt/porttools (`port test`) to test the full build/package cycle
This should give a committer the confidence they need to get this into the tree for you.
Here is the portlint output:
--- portlint_output.log begins here ---
> portlint -AC
WARN: Makefile: for new port, make $FreeBSD$ tag in comment section empty, to make SVN happy.
WARN: Consider to set DEVELOPER=yes in /etc/make.conf
0 fatal errors and 2 warnings found.
--- portlint_output.log ends here ---
I use portlint with the -CA arguments on most of my submissions, but many of the other tools I have yet to become familiar. I'll look into using one or all of them, particularly Redports. I have an account there, I just haven't taken the time to use it yet.
In the meantime, I just ran "port test" to a log file, and I'll include that as an attachment.
Created attachment 144536 [details]
Output of "port test"
The following is an output of the command:
"sudo port test >>& test.log"
Created attachment 144680 [details]
- Same as the first patch, but handles INFO/texinfo dependencies properly.
For some reason on RedPorts when it tries to build print/texinfo, it fails on devel/gmake-lite.
I don't know the cause of the issue, but I strongly suspect that it has something to do with the way RedPorts works. If that is not the case, I have no idea what else print/texinfo would actually need, perhaps that port should have additional dependencies.
Created attachment 144681 [details]
- Same as previous patches, except with smarter handling of print/texinfo and print/dvipsk-tetex as dependencies
10.0-RELEASE/amd64 success 4 minutes Buildlog
10.0-RELEASE/i386 success 3 minutes Buildlog
The "leftovers" on 9.2-RELEASE isn't very meaningful, as those were left over by dvipsk-tetex, not the port itself...
A commit references this bug:
Date: Wed Jul 16 20:37:20 UTC 2014
New revision: 362110
- Update to latest upstream release 1.7.1
- Assign maintainership to Timothy Beyer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- General cleanup
- Add LICENSE
- Remove twelf from LEGAL (port is now BSD2CLAUSE licensed)
Submitted by: Timothy Beyer <email@example.com>
Approved by: mentors (implicit)