Created attachment 144636 [details]
The patch attached implements the following:
- remove ENGINE_load_cryptodev since it is not supported by libressl and unlikely required for openssl as well
- strip binaries during installation
- remove .la file from plist
- switch from USE_AUTOTOOLS= libtool to USES= libtool
I have to check with upstream whether removing ENGINE_load_cryptodev is acceptable.
I understand that they are working on libressl support as well and there is no hurry yet.
The developers tell me that they solve this in the developer branch during the configure fase, so it will be in the next release and then the patch won't be necessary. You could consider using that method as base for a patch in case you cannot wait for a new release.
See <http://git.nlnetlabs.nl/ldns/> for details.
Nothing in upstream ldns git changed for over a year. Suggest we implement a patch and assume next upstream version has this fixed.
Alternatively use https://github.com/Sp1l/ports/tree/master/dns/ldns with patch borrowed from OpenBSD.
Created attachment 152091 [details]
Updated patch for ldns-1.6.17_3
Some of the changes in the earlier patch by vsevolod@ have already appeared in the port. This is a merge of the remainder and making ENGINE_load_cryptodev conditional using autotools.
Created attachment 152092 [details]
Poudriere build log with latest patch
Upstreams tells me that there will be a new Release out soon, to quote "over a week or so". It will have bug fixes and official support for new RRtypes. If you cannot wait that long ir if it gets delayed, we can always do the proposed patch.
BTW, latest change in the develop branch is less then two weeks ago, see <http://git.nlnetlabs.nl/ldns/?h=develop>.
If you could approve the attached patch, that would be great :)
Oops... Sorry Jaap, hadn't checked all branches. There's still changes in the branch indeed.
(In reply to Kubilay Kocak from comment #7)
The patch works fine, no problem with that.
Any sight of a new version of ldns to be released? A month ago the next release was "soon"...
Kind regards, Bernard.
Bernard, the issue is approved and blocking on me. I'll get to this in the next 24 hours.
(In reply to Bernard Spil from comment #10)
I checked what the wait is and gor told that implementing DANE unearthed quite some unexpected problems. Apologies from the upstream as well.
They say, ASAP, but won't commit to an estimate how log it will take.
A commit references this bug:
Date: Wed Feb 25 14:44:43 UTC 2015
New revision: 379920
Fix issues with LibreSSL
Approved by: maintainer