Portlint gives the false positive warning
WARN: Makefile: DEBUG is listed in OPTIONS_DEFINE, but no PORT_OPTIONS:MDEBUG appears.
When DEBUG option is handled by DEBUG_FLAGS
Affected new port PR: https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=181527
Over to maintainer...
Fixed in CVS pending the next release.
A commit references this bug:
Date: Wed Oct 8 23:40:04 UTC 2014
New revision: 370494
Update to 2.15.5.
* Do not report on DEBUG as an OPTION. 
* Check for use of muted INSTALL_foo commands.
* Warn on use of @dirrm[try].
* Check to make sure rc.d scripts contain a '# PROVIDE:' line. 
* Check to see that the options provided to USES are sorted. 
* Fix an errant "direct use of command" warning. 
* Remove the check to see if StartupNotify is the empty string in
DESKTOP_ENTRIES. This is allowed per the spec and per the porter's
* Check for empty lines in plist. 
* Check for direct command use in SHEBANG_FILES. 
PR: 192525 
Implemented in 2.15.5.