Created attachment 149949 [details]
the new port
PHPUnit 4 is released long ago. Version3 (devel/pear-PHPUnit3) is no longer supported. Also installation via pear will be removed in future. The port closes the gap and allows the PHP developer to run their tests.
root@hera:/usr/ports/devel/PHPUnit4 # portlint -A
I for one would very much like to see this brought in.
Here's an adjusted version with some changes I suggest:
- Just call it 'phpunit'; the mixed-case name just makes things harder, and the version number in the directory would only become necessary if we start carrying multiple versions. We can deal with that if it ever happens.
- Correct LICENSE.
- Adjust the "build" process in a few ways.
- Use INSTALL_SCRIPT instead of INSTALL_PROGRAM + messing with STRIP
- Use an explicit do-extract target override, rather than EXTRACT_ONLY fakery to avoid doing any extraction, and then extra ugliness by overriding WRKSRC to point at DISTDIR. Ugh.
- Explicitly copying into WRKDIR in a custom do-extract, then INSTALL_SCRIPT'ing in a custom do-install, is IMO a lot cleaner and most self-documenting.
- Update to the now-current version, since this submission is a couple months old now. (I note that the next minor version is actually due in the next couple days).
This installs cleanly on my system, and runs/passes/fails some of my phpunit tests as expected in some quick testing.
Created attachment 152559 [details]
Updated shar for 4.4.5, with mentioned changes.
Created attachment 152648 [details]
Updated for 4.5.0
And now 4.5.0 is out, so here's the updated version for that (with aforementioned changes).
Update works fine. I've created an poudriere test:
Thanks for your patch. Its much nicer than my work; i learned from it :)
Can you please approve attachment 152648 [details] and obsolete attachment 149949 [details]
i'm sorry, this is my first time to approve something. How do i do this? I've already obsoleted my old patch and set the maintainer-feedback flag "+". Is that all or do i miss something?
Thanks and greetings,
(In reply to Torsten Zühlsdorff from comment #6)
Perfect, almost there :) You just need to set the flag next to the patch (attachment) you want to approve.
You can do this by clicking "Details" and then setting maintainer-approval to "+"
Note the difference between maintainer-FEEDBACK, and maintainer-APPROVAL :)
The former is for acknowledging your RESPONSES as maintainer at the ISSUE level, the latter is for adding your APPROVAL for changes at the ATTACHMENT/PATCH level.
Hope that helps :)
Mh... i do not have the possibility to do this. If i click on Details of the attachment, i just see the text:
koobs: maintainer‑approval? (ports)
But there is no field to change something? Is this an error or do i overlook something?
Quite possibly a permissions issue. I'll investigate, and in the meantime I have set the flag for you.
A commit references this bug:
Date: Sat Feb 21 20:15:13 UTC 2015
New revision: 379546
New port: devel/phpunit 4.5.0
PHPUnit is a regression testing framework used by the developer
who implements unit tests in PHP. It is the most recent version
of PHPUnit, but no longer distributed over PEAR.
Note: This will probably replace devel/pear-PHPUnit3 soon.
Submitted by: Torsten Z?hlsdorff <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
Now we need to retire devel/pear-PHPUnit3.