Removing core from TWISTED_USES helps the build (and still installs twisted core, I suspect it's not optional).
I'm not sure whether not running without WITH_TWISTED is a bug, is it for cases when the user has twisted installed in any other way?
*** Bug 198048 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
A couple of things to note:
- This port has no maintainer, which likely means you'll need to provide as much of the investigation effort as possible to make progress.
- Upstream source code has not changed since ~2009
- Twisted was recently updated to version 15.0 in the ports tree
Having said that,
- The port does appear to have a TWISTED option.
Have you tried to `make config`, disable that option and retry the build?
- Are you running an up to date version of the ports tree? If not, please portsnap fetch update OR svn update, the try to reproduce the issue again.
- When was the last time this port worked for you? Did it stop working recently? If so, when?
Please add a log of the failed build as an attachment to this issue, which may provide additional clues.
A commit references this bug:
Date: Thu Feb 26 12:12:20 UTC 2015
New revision: 379991
- Fix USES=twisted: we do not support/need twisted:core
Submitted by: <email@example.com>
I've removed core from USES=twisted in r379991. Please update your ports tree and try again. Thanks.
Thanks a lot (that's what I did to build it before reporting the bug and it did indeed help).