Created attachment 160296 [details]
The embedded 'nvram' command of loader.efi (-CURRENT, r286279) fails to list EFI variables with the following message :
??=<error retrieving variable>
Find attached a patch that brings the following :
- Fix variables enumeration (to initiate the search, the 'VariableName' argument of GetNextVariableName() should be a pointer to NULL, not a NULL pointer )
- Add a '-v' (verbose) option to display variables' contents (now hidden by default, as the output is un-readable with too many variables)
- Add the ability to specify a variable name to restrict display to variable(s) matching this name only
- Print GUID along with each variable name
- Simplify contents' rendering by *always* printing them in hex (most of the contents were un-readable in ascii)
 UEFI Specification Version v2.5, p239: http://www.uefi.org/sites/default/files/resources/UEFI%202_5.pdf
Created attachment 167999 [details]
Updated patch for r296648
Is this still needed after my efi work?
No, I think that PR can be closed.