Bug 203827 - hostapd getting stuck with net.bpf.zerocopy_enable=1
Summary: hostapd getting stuck with net.bpf.zerocopy_enable=1
Status: New
Alias: None
Product: Base System
Classification: Unclassified
Component: kern (show other bugs)
Version: 10.0-STABLE
Hardware: amd64 Any
: --- Affects Some People
Assignee: freebsd-wireless (Nobody)
URL:
Keywords:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2015-10-16 18:36 UTC by Nikolay Denev
Modified: 2019-04-22 00:44 UTC (History)
5 users (show)

See Also:


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Nikolay Denev 2015-10-16 18:36:55 UTC
Just upgraded to 10-stable from today and I've noticed several wireless clients can no longer authenticate.

Running hostapd with debug in foreground shows single client authenticate then no more log messages are displayed. Killing hostapd with Ctrl-C shows the following message:

  ^Celoop: could not process SIGINT or SIGTERM in two seconds. Looks like there
  is a bug that ends up in a busy loop that prevents clean shutdown.
  Killing program forcefully.

Tracing hostapd shows it's getting stuck at pcap_next(), so I've made a wild guess and tried disabling some non-default bpf related sysctls I've set, namely net.bpf.zerocopy_enable which seems to made hostapd happy again.

I see a few bpf.c commits from Aug that might be suspect:
  r286859 | loos | 2015-08-17 19:06:14 +0000 (Mon, 17 Aug 2015) | 17 lines
  r286856 | loos | 2015-08-17 18:43:39 +0000 (Mon, 17 Aug 2015) | 29 lines
  r286850 | loos | 2015-08-17 18:21:18 +0000 (Mon, 17 Aug 2015) | 18 lines
Comment 1 commit-hook freebsd_committer 2019-04-22 00:44:45 UTC
A commit references this bug:

Author: bar
Date: Mon Apr 22 00:44:35 UTC 2019
New revision: 499598
URL: https://svnweb.freebsd.org/changeset/ports/499598

Log:
  Fix build with upnp 1.8.x.

  PR:	203827
  Submitted by:Tobias Kortkamp <tobik@freebsd.org>

Changes:
  head/net-p2p/amule/files/patch-m4_libupnp.m4
  head/net-p2p/amule/files/patch-src_UPnPBase.cpp
  head/net-p2p/amule/files/patch-src_UPnPBase.h