Created attachment 163040 [details]
Updated version of vm-bhyve
Most importantly, no longer contains bug that shows unnecessary error during 'vm init'. Also some new functionality.
First time submitting a port revision. I've attached a diff and a shar archive. Let me know if some other format is required.
Created attachment 163041 [details]
Created attachment 163042 [details]
0.9.13 Diff Attempt 2
Created attachment 163043 [details]
0.9.13 Diff Attempt 3
@Churchers thanks for your submission.
All else being equal, it's almost always good to target:
1) Only one attachment with changes. Sometimes multiple versions of a patch are submitted. In your case there is a shar of the directory and a diff to svn
Attachment authors/submitters should 'obsolete' any that are no longer relevant or they dont want a FreeBSD committer to reference. You can do so by clicking Attachment Details -> Edit Details -> [X] Obsolete.
2) shars are only appropriate for "new" ports, unified diffs for everything else
So from here:
* obsolete the attachment that you don't want a committer to reference
* set maintainer-approval to "+" on the attachment that you do
My guess is it's attachment 163043 [details], as attachment 163041 [details] is a shar (should be a diff for updates) and is older than the former.
Comment on attachment 163043 [details]
0.9.13 Diff Attempt 3
Updating attachments as per details from koobs@
Try/use `svn diff` or `diff -u` to produce a unified format diff :)
And always set the maintainer-feedback flag to + when you respond (so that the issue wont automatically set 'maintainer timeout or feedback timeout)
Created attachment 163062 [details]
New diff file
A commit references this bug:
Date: Fri Nov 13 03:28:01 UTC 2015
New revision: 401473
sysutils/vm-bhyve: update 0.8.12 -> 0.9.13 and address minor QA issues
- Add NO_ARCH
- Fix capitalization in IGNORE (portlint)
Submitted by: Matt Churchyard <email@example.com> (maintainer)
Thanks! The update has been committed and I'm closing the PR.
I do have some minor things to toss in for your next submission however.
- Patch contained ^M (Windows newlines). It was not big deal vi the patch and to type :%s/\r//g
- Patch whitespace didn't match. "PORTVERSION=<space><space><space>0.8.12" versus the actual port being "PORTVERSION=<tab>0.8.12"
On an easy patch like this I just go ahead and resolve issues like this. However this can be painful on big patches. For your next submission, take a look at your workflow to see what is mangling whitespace in your patches and adding Windows newlines to them. The general workflow in the porter's handbook should get you on the right track.
Additionally, I added NO_ARCH since this is just a shell script and the following was in the Poudriere logs:
pkg-static: DEVELOPER_MODE: Notice: arch "FreeBSD:11:i386" -- no architecture specific files found:
PRs for an update a port follow the same expectations as creating it. I would like to see a PR submitted that is build clean per the Handbook link below and portlint clean for general style (or an explanation of a portlint false positive). Please attach logs in the next PR.