Created attachment 163443 [details]
Taskd is a server/daemon and could use a rc.d script to start at boot.
After consulting with the maintainer, I have come up with a preliminary patch to add a basic rc.d script, taskd, and it is attached to this PR.
Since taskd uses a self-signed X509 certificate authority, it requires significant user configuration. As the rc.d script does not perfectly integrate with upstream's configuration instructions, a pkg-message is provided to instruct the user.
KNOWN PROBLEMS WITH PATCH:
1) Does not include modifications to ports/UIDs and ports/GIDs to add taskd user and group. (I couldn't figure out how (new to svn))
2) portslint had concerns with paths in pkg-message, I don't know what to do.
3) I could not figure out how to improve permissions handling with the unprivileged user (TASKDDATA directory and /var/log/taskd.log). This would be a substantial improvement, but in lieu of it the pkg-message provides instructions to modify the permissions.
4) There is a prexisting problem (CHMOD) that portslint has detected.
5) This is my first ever patch to anything, please review CAREFULLY.
A commit references this bug:
Date: Thu Aug 11 16:06:52 UTC 2016
New revision: 420083
Add a rc script and have taskd run as an unprivileged user
Submitted by: Ike Eichorn <firstname.lastname@example.org>