Created attachment 164193 [details]
Patch to update
This version fixes TCP on Linux when reuseport is in use. The
reuseport option is off by default now (gave too many issues), but on
Linux if you enable it, UDP performance should increase a lot.
Furthermore, bugfixes for OpenSSL library compatibility and error
responses fixed for future compatibility.
- support configure --with-dbfile="" for nodb mode by default, where
there is no binary database, but nsd reads and writes zonefiles.
- reuseport: no is the default, because the feature is not troublefree.
- configure --enable-ratelimit-default-is-off with --enable-ratelimit
to set the default ratelimit to disabled but available in nsd.conf.
- version: "string" option to set chaos version query reply string.
- Fix zones updates from nsd parent event loop when there are a lot
- portability fixes.
- patch from Doug Hogan for SSL_OP_NO_SSLvx options, for the new
defaults in the ssl libraries.
- - updated contrib/nsd.spec, from Bálint Szigeti, with new configure
- Allocate less memory for TSIG digest.
- Fix #721: Fix wrong error code (FORMERR) returned for unknown
opcode. NOTIMP expected.
- Fix zonec ttl mismatch printout to include more information.
- Fix TCP responses when REUSEPORT is in use by turning it off.
- Document default in manpage for rrl-slip, ip4 and 6 prefixlength.
- Explain rrl-slip better in documentation.
- Document that ratelimit qps and slip are updated in reconfig.
- Fix up defaults in manpage.
While we are updating the port can you please convert it fully to the new options,
also it should get post-install-DOCS-on etc.
Thanks in advance.
(In reply to Martin Wilke from comment #1)
I don;t get it, what is wrong with the options etc? It was fine a month ago. Can you give a hint?
I've updated both ports please have a look at:
(In reply to Martin Wilke from comment #3)
Great. I looked in the handbook about post-instal-DOC etc and couldn't find it.
Thanks for showing the way.
Yes I figured that also today. I will try to talk to the right peoples to get it documented soon as possible. I consider your feedback as maintainer approval and will commit it right away.
A commit references this bug:
Date: Wed Dec 16 05:09:16 UTC 2015
New revision: 403836
- Update to 4.1.7
- Switch to options helper
Submitted by: maintainer
Approved by: mat (mentor)
Differential Revision: D4579