When creating reviews that touch files in Mk/ , portmgr is added as a Project reviewer and the review will be in Portmgr blocking review state.
This is incorrect as not all files in Mk/ are managed by portmgr@ (e.g. bsd.openssl.mk is maintained by dinoex@)
Please check the maintainer in the file for blocking reviews.
Example review https://reviews.freebsd.org/D3585
Relevant Herald rule https://reviews.freebsd.org/H12
When all of these conditions are met:
- Repository is any of rP FreeBSD ports repository
- Affected files matches regexp @/(Mk|Keywords|Templates)/.*$@
Take these actions every time this rule matches:
- Add blocking reviewers: portmgr.
If any MAINTAINER lines need changing in order to satisfy this issue consistently/programatically, we'll create a blocking issue for it.
I'm going to close this.
The reason are:
- fine tuning, and maintaining, the herald rule will be a major PITA.
- if you know the things you're reviewing don't concern portmgr, then don't wait for them because you can always commit the change if it has bad review.
FWIW this is now actually actionable by editing the paths here: https://reviews.freebsd.org/owners/package/5/ (it supports files & directories: include and exclude lines).