Created attachment 165354 [details]
Here is the maintenance patch update to update games/stockfish to version 7.
Patch is included.
Book support is removed from the latest stockfish versions, hence also from the port.
Fix: Patch is attached.
Patch attached with submission follows:
Can you address the failures to build on FreeBSD 9.3?
With the patch, this port seems to override compiler:c++11-(lang|lib) somewhere and fail to compile with the base GCC in FreeBSD 9.3.
OK, I will check. I do not have a 9.3 system readily available, but will build it up to check this. Just to confirm - is this the only issue seen as of now ?
Created attachment 176403 [details]
Patch for games/stockfish to version 8
As stockfish 8 was released recently, I made a new patch to bring the port up to date.
- change version to stockfish-8
- further simplify the distfile information, as stockfish only has the source archive since version 6.
- add a path to the package make file to not overwrite the compiler definitions generated by the ports framework. (This should get rid of the build failure on FreeBSD 9. I have no system to check this, though.)
(In reply to m.ne from comment #3)
Hi, sorry the delay. I missed the original notice. This didn't build on 9. I added compiler:c++11-lang and it got further along but still failed on a few includes. Checking now with compiler:c++11-lib. I need to build the new GCC so this will take some time.
(In reply to Jason Unovitch from comment #4)
This issue might block it at the moment, though:
(In reply to m.ne from comment #5)
Thanks. Currently per https://www.FreeBSD.org/security/security.html#sup the ports collection will no longer be required to support FreeBSD 9.x come 1 January and I can update with the current patch.
Created attachment 184237 [details]
patch updated to support stockfish-8
Updating this long due maintenance patch update. Updated Bug title to stockfish-8 instead of the earlier 7. Also building on the patch that m.ne provided.
Checked on 10.3-RELEASE-amd64 and 11.0-RELEASE-amd64
Fix: Patch "patch-stockfish5-8" is attached which is the latest patch.
Summary of all changes:
- updated to stockfish-8
- Book support is removed from the latest stockfish versions
- Profile build support is removed; issues seen with building with that option
@junovitch - are you able to take a look at this ?
A commit references this bug:
Date: Thu Nov 23 21:16:45 UTC 2017
New revision: 454799
games/stockfish: update 5 -> 8
- Book support removed; it was removed from latest stockfish version
- PROFILE option support is no longer functional and was removed
Submitted by: Gautam Mani <email@example.com> (maintainer)
(In reply to Gautam Mani from comment #9)
I am very sorry for the delay; I did not see this comment and I have had other obligations preventing me from keeping up as a committer. Your update was committed as as. Thank you for your time and patience seeing this issue through since opening. Again I apologize for the delay.