Created attachment 168710 [details]
add a dbus knob to make config
print/cups-filters doesn't allow one to disable dbus.
The attached patch file is against what is in ports for 11-current.
I have dbus turned off by default, although I'm probably the wrong person to make such choices since I'd turn off Avahi too.
The port's configure has a bunch of other knobs, so if something is of interest I can try adding options for that too.
At this point I guess some people need to test it. I ran it on my machine and it installed cups, no dbus, and cups works okay (ipp postscript printer).
Thanks, and I hope this is helpful.
If you have other options of cups-filters you feel should be options of the port itself, then I am all for it. As I mentioned on the ports mailing list, I am moving things over to a new computer and don't have the time at the moment to test this, so if you could also provide a log showing that this builds, I'll approve of the patch. I don't know if an exp-run needs to be done for this or not, though, so I have decided not to set that flag at all.
Created attachment 168735 [details]
- DBus is only used to retrieve ICC colour profiles from colord so I renamed the option COLORD.
- Added BRAILLE option and added missing dependencies to it. There's no port of liblouisutdml yet but it isn't strictly required.
- Added an IMAGEFILTERS option and moved jpeg, png and tiff dependencies under it.
- Added GHOSTSCRIPT option.
- Added an option group for cups-browsed and moved AVAHI under it. Also added LDAP.
- Added an option group to select the default PDF-to-PostScript renderer.
- Added --disable-silent-rules to CONFIGURE_ARGS to make build logs more verbose.
Comment on attachment 168735 [details]
Quite an extensive patch, Tijl, I approve of it. On a side note, apparently cups-filters 1.8.3 came out 5 days ago, so perhaps the port should be updated to that as well.
Certainly much more comprehensive than my patch, and the new fix reflects a much better understanding of cups-filters, thanks. Not to nitpick, but adding your comment re: colord to the makefile would be quite helpful, I think, perhaps:
COLORD_DESC= Retrieve ICC colour profiles from colord (requires dbus)
A commit references this bug:
Date: Tue Mar 29 14:19:10 UTC 2016
New revision: 412114
- Update cups-filters to 1.8.3.
- Move D-Bus dependency under a COLORD option.
- Make libijs dependency optional.
- Add BRAILLE option and add missing dependencies to it. There's no port of
liblouisutdml yet but it isn't strictly required.
- Move jpeg, png and tiff dependencies under an IMAGEFILTERS option.
- Add an option group for cups-browsed, move AVAHI under it and add LDAP.
- Add an option group to select the default PDF-to-PostScript renderer.
- Add --disable-silent-rules to CONFIGURE_ARGS to make build logs more
Approved by: Naram Qashat <firstname.lastname@example.org> (maintainer)
Committed with some changes:
- The new version allows making libijs optional.
- I had to remove the GHOSTSCRIPT option because it is used by non-optional filters like pstopdf and imagetops.