- virtualbox-ose-additions-5.1.4 built with options DBUS, OPENGL, and X11 set
- installed in a virtual machine:
. host os = FreeBSD 10.3
. host virt = virtualbox-ose-5.1.4
. client os = FreeBSD 10.3
. vbox additions = as built above
- starting programs using OpenGL
- these programs stop with exit code 1, in most cases without any further output
name of display: :0
- firefox should start
- glxgears should show the spinning gears
- glxinfo should show the supported extensions etc.
- This worked up to 5.0.26.
- Installing the additions on a machine which is *not* virtualized leads to the same erroneous behavior.
Dear, I have a environment very similar to your except that the host machine is a Windows 10. This same behavior I saw here when I have installed Virtualbox-ose-additions, but the option "Enable 3D acceleration" in virtual machine Monitor configuration was disabled. In previous Virtualbox-ose-additions this don't closes the programs, only causes a worst performance, but, when using new virtualbox-ose-addtions (5.1.4) this misconfiguration causes programs finalization.
It sounds like emulators/virtualbox-ose-additions was not properly installed. Please try r421979 or later. I just updated the port to 5.1.6 and made 3D acceleration hack more robust with libmap.conf(5).
The latest scenario is that I am running virtualbox-ose-additions-5.1.8, with both host and client os 11.0-RELEASE-p2.
Firefox and glxgears still just quit.
I have also tried to enable 3G acceleration in the client vbox settings, to no avail.
VBOX has 5.2.4. Seems overcome by events.