Created attachment 180258 [details]
FifeChan is fifengine's team fork guichan (after guichan development dead), and main GUI extension for fifengine itself.
This port need (dependency) for new (0.4.x) version games/py-fife, who needed for new (2017.x) version games/unknown-horizons.
Thanks for your submission. Some comments:
- Please use USE_GITHUB, GH_PROJECT, etc. (see https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/makefile-distfiles.html#makefile-master_sites-github-description) instead of setting MASTER_SITES and DISTFILES
- Please only indent with 1 tab after variables
- What do the SHARED_* variables do?
- The pkg-descr could be a little more detailed. Currently it's basically the same as the COMMENT
- Have you done any test building with Poudriere or Synth?
- What does portlint say about the port?
- What is the purpose of plist.sdlc?
(In reply to Tobias Kortkamp from comment #1)
Thanks for quick response.
- I use release download, not GH_TAG. For this need MASTER_SITES and other stuff.
- One tab? OK. I just try content more human readable.
- SHARED* allow shared/static build for library. This hidden (not show with 'make config') options for future work. CMakeList this port allow separate build for each .so files (default all shared).
- Fifengine's team bad marketer. I use files from guichan port.
- Local build (amd64, FreeBSD 11), without build system (sorry).
- plist.sdlc? I thought that all removed. Delete this. (artifact from pkg-plist creation and tuning).
Sorry for english.
Created attachment 180325 [details]
(In reply to fiziologus from comment #2)
I am attaching a fixed version of this port that can build in Poudriere.
Your usage of options helpers is wrong. For example, SDL_USE_SDL does not do anything. Please review the patch I have attached for how to use them.
Test building in Poudriere/Synth would have caught this. Even without Poudriere
you can check with `make run-depends-list` and `make stage-qa` if they actually
add the appropriate dependencies. Having DEVELOPER=yes in /etc/make.conf helps
P.S.: You have made the same mistakes in bug 217328, so it's probably a good idea to submit a fixed version of py-fife.
(In reply to Tobias Kortkamp from comment #3)
Many thanks: rushing is bad thing, anytime.
SDL_USE= sdl=sdl2, is USE_sdl, or right value case insensitive in this case.
(In reply to fiziologus from comment #4)
It's case insensitive and will be upcased automatically. A lot of
ports lowercase it. That's also the way it's documented in , but
IMO it doesn't matter as long as you're consistent.
So either 'XXX_USE= sdl=sdl2' or 'XXX_USE= SDL=sdl2' is the same as
the old way:
Anyway if submitted the port for review  and can probably commit it soon.
A commit references this bug:
Date: Tue Feb 28 21:15:16 UTC 2017
New revision: 435085
New port: devel/fifechan
Fifechan is a lightweight cross platform GUI library written in C++
specifically designed for games. It has a small yet powerful built-in
set of extendable GUI Widgets allowing users to create virtually
unlimited types of widgets.
Fifechan supports rendering in SDL, OpenGL, or Allegro out of the box
or it can be adapted to use any rendering engine the user requires.
Events are pushed to Fifechan which allows users to use any input
library they wish or they could use the built in input handling
through either SDL input or Allegro input.
The primary goal for Fifechan is to keep it extendable, lightweight
and still be powerful enough to use in all types of games out of the
Submitted by: email@example.com (based on)
Approved by: lme (mentor)
Differential Revision: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D9837