Created attachment 181067 [details]
svn diff (patch) for graphics/urt
OK I know this is old, but so are ls(1), and cp(1), and like
urt; they just work. :-)
Given that SO many graphics utils/ports depend on urt. I
felt compelled to rescue it from deletion. This was NOT
an easy task; I've done a mess of reworking -- see below,
for all the gory details.
STOP THE MADNESS! WHAT A MESS!
The source is scattered all over the net, and an additional
patch is located somewhere else. This is crazy! If I'm going
to maintain it; I'm going to maintain it as a FreeBSD port.
As such, I'll keep the original source files as reference
files, and maintain them as well. But for the FreeBSD port,
I've taken the liberty of eliminating the some 100+ FreeBSD
specific patches -- many of which were incorrectly named,
and fix them && (pre)apply them to the source. As well as
the external patch. Then pack up the results as the DISTFILE.
fix && apply the patches currently associated with the port
delete the 100+ patches as well as the files/ folder
MAINTAINER - to me
MASTER_SITES - provide one
LICENSE - add
LICENSE_FILES - link to it
DISTFILES - update as necessary
DISTFILE - recreate as ONE files, after changes listed above
removes BROKEN, DEPRECATED, and EXPIRATION_DATE
I think that covers it. But DO take note of the changes
within the attached svn diff -- *especially* the deletions.
See Also: a QA LOG proving that all of this actually worked! :-)
OH portlint complained about using EXTRACT_SUFX
HOWEVER I tried to simply use USES=tar:xz but then the port
insisted upon downloading a tar.GZ file. As such; I'm using
both. I'm on a recent -CURRENT (12), but can't imagine that
should be an issue. Just mentioning it.
Created attachment 181068 [details]
QA LOG for graphics/urt
Proof that all of the work I did to this port actually works! :-)
A commit references this bug:
Date: Fri Apr 28 11:16:02 UTC 2017
New revision: 439602
graphics/urt: save from deprecation
- merge all separate distribution files and patches into one archive
maintained the submitter
- pass maintainership to submitter
- add LICENSE (BSD2CLAUSE)
Submitted by: Chris Hutchinson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The problem with the extract suffix was that there were two instances of USES (USES=tar:xz and USES=gmake later on), the second one overriding the first one.