Created attachment 181739 [details]
Percona monitoring plugins include scripts to monitor many things. One of the functions is to monitor MySQL servers. The options for supplying credentials are as follows:
1) edit the scripts to hardcode the credentials in (bad)
2) Pass as parameters in Nagios / tediously save for each graph in Cacti
3) Use a config file!
Option 3 is great, but the scripts are looking in /etc/nagios and /etc/cacti for the files that supply the MySQL credentials. The following patch to the port ensures the scripts will look in %%LOCALBASE%%/etc/nagios and cacti so we aren't putting files in base unnecessarily.
Created attachment 181787 [details]
Actually we need to add wget as a dependency because they hardcode wget for fetching Apache statistics remotely instead of via ssh. See new patch.
Created attachment 181855 [details]
another script needs the fix for path to cacti config dir
A commit references this bug:
Date: Tue Apr 25 16:07:32 UTC 2017
New revision: 439404
net-mgmt/percona-monitoring-plugins: Improve FreeBSD compatibility
- Properly declare wget as a dependency
- Give full path to wget binary
- Scripts that can take config files should source from LOCALBASE/etc,
Approved by: maintainer timeout