Bug 220471 - devel/leatherman: Update to 1.0.0
Summary: devel/leatherman: Update to 1.0.0
Status: Closed FIXED
Alias: None
Product: Ports & Packages
Classification: Unclassified
Component: Individual Port(s) (show other bugs)
Version: Latest
Hardware: Any Any
: --- Affects Some People
Assignee: Romain Tartière
URL:
Keywords: needs-qa
Depends on:
Blocks: 220601
  Show dependency treegraph
 
Reported: 2017-07-04 19:51 UTC by Zach Leslie
Modified: 2017-07-27 17:43 UTC (History)
3 users (show)

See Also:
jslagle: maintainer-feedback+


Attachments
svn diff for 1.0.0 (2.42 KB, patch)
2017-07-04 19:51 UTC, Zach Leslie
no flags Details | Diff
Update to 1.0.0 (3.56 KB, patch)
2017-07-10 13:09 UTC, Romain Tartière
no flags Details | Diff

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Zach Leslie freebsd_committer 2017-07-04 19:51:43 UTC
Created attachment 184059 [details]
svn diff for 1.0.0

Good day,

I'm working my way to getting an updated sysutils/facter, and that road begins with devel/leatherman.

Attached is an update, but I'm uncertain if its correct.  Note the plist changes from lib${thing}.so to just ${thing}.so.  This seems to cause issues when I try to use the new version in LIB_DEPENDS, so there is a chance that this patch is not correct.

I'll take advice on what to do next here or help in doing so.  As mentioned, I'm keen to get systutils/facter updated.

Cheers,

Zach
Comment 1 Kubilay Kocak freebsd_committer freebsd_triage 2017-07-05 10:56:12 UTC
At least devel/cpp-hocon (same maintainer as devel/leatherman) will require an update if the library name changes
Comment 2 Zach Leslie freebsd_committer 2017-07-05 14:20:53 UTC
My first attempt at updating the devel/cpp-hocon port seemed to indicate that we should keep the 'lib' prefix on the library names.  So perhaps there is an adjustment here to ensure that libraries get written out with this prefix.  I'm unsure where, though I can take a harder look.  Anyone who knows cmake well enough to identify, by all means speak up.
Comment 3 Jason Slagle 2017-07-09 22:59:45 UTC
There are upstream PR's on the projects to make them behave properly - I did many of these changes months ago following puppetconf.

I've been waiting since then for many of the changes to be upstreamed - it quickly became a mess trying to get it all working with local patches.

I'll follow up upstream and see.  If we can get a working diff for leatherman, we should merge it, but cpp-hocon wasn't working right with the lib changes.
Comment 4 Romain Tartière freebsd_committer 2017-07-10 13:09:55 UTC
Created attachment 184230 [details]
Update to 1.0.0

Hello,

According to my WIP trying to bring Puppet 5 in the ports tree, I managed to have to update cpp-hocon, leatherman and facter to the latest versions available.

Stripping the "lib" prefix is a bad idea: the ports infrastructure is unable to locate libraries if their name does not start with "lib".  I discovered that the patch had to be updated to fix this.

I attach my current WIP for this port for review.  I do not mark the previous patch as obsolete yet, letting zleslie doing so if he considers this applicable.

Thanks!
Comment 5 Jason Slagle 2017-07-11 00:55:38 UTC
I will test this in the morning.
Comment 6 Romain Tartière freebsd_committer 2017-07-27 17:35:45 UTC
Take it
Comment 7 commit-hook freebsd_committer 2017-07-27 17:42:02 UTC
A commit references this bug:

Author: romain
Date: Thu Jul 27 17:41:31 UTC 2017
New revision: 446768
URL: https://svnweb.freebsd.org/changeset/ports/446768

Log:
  Update to 1.0.0

  PR:		220471
  Submitted by:	zleslie
  With hat:	puppet

Changes:
  head/devel/leatherman/Makefile
  head/devel/leatherman/distinfo
  head/devel/leatherman/files/patch-cmake_leatherman.cmake
  head/devel/leatherman/files/patch-cmake_leatherman.cmake.in
  head/devel/leatherman/pkg-plist