- netboot installation upgraded from releng/11.0 to releng/11.1
- booted in latest VirtualBox
- shutdown -p now
- the shutdown hangs at "syncing disks... 1 1 1 1"
- the value 0 is never reached
- the process eventually times out
- Syncing disks should reach 0 remaining dirty blocks
FWIW, I saw this problem multiple times.
I think that it happened when I mounted some local filesystem while having root on NFS.
Never got around to debugging it, though.
Thank you, this is an interesting pointer... will check it next time around.