Created attachment 185390 [details]
On the attached testcase portlint prints these two errors, both of which are wrong:
> # portlint
> WARN: Makefile: HIGHLIGHT is listed in OPTIONS_DEFINE, but no PORT_OPTIONS:MHIGHLIGHT appears.
> WARN: Makefile: possible use of absolute pathname "/g}".
When the port has OPTIONS_SUB=yes and this option is in pkg-plist and in the option helper target, these *are* the uses of the option.
The second error problem is self-explanatory.
Fixes committed to my repo pending the next release.
A commit references this bug:
Date: Tue Aug 15 12:43:14 UTC 2017
New revision: 447981
Update to 2.17.12.
* Don't check for absolute paths inside make variables 
* Check pkg-plist for use of OPTIONS 
* Fix an issue with line number offsets 
* Don't alert on double-dollar (VARIABLE) 
* Allow BROKEN, IGNORE, DEPRECATED to appear before the *_DEPENDS block 
* Check that manpages are not installed into share/man 
* Check for a space anywhere between a variable and its value 
PR: 221507 
Submitted by: Dmitri Goutnik <firstname.lastname@example.org> 
Fixed in 2.17.12.