Created attachment 187124 [details]
Update to 1.10.17
I modernized the Makefile to use the new options helper.
Botan 1.10 doesn't build against OpenSSL 1.1.x (now also fails to build with a warning about that), so I've added a BROKEN line when building against security/openssl-devel. Added patches to fix building against LibreSSL.
Created attachment 187376 [details]
Update to 1.10.17 (new patch)
- Pet portlint
- Move to USES=shebangfix for configure.py
- Use DISTVERSION instead of PORTVERSION
- Change post-patch-DOCS-on to post-patch-DOCS-off (so it actually does what it should do; I misread the original Makefile)
Created attachment 187389 [details]
Update to 1.10.17 (pet portlint one final time)
pet portlint one final time and regenerate a patch.
Other than needing to change REVISION=6 to REVISION=7 in the first hunk, the patch (and the resulting executable) works perfectly.
A commit references this bug:
Date: Tue Oct 30 14:00:32 UTC 2018
New revision: 483489
- Update to 1.10.7 release 
- While here, add unofficial OpenSSL 1.1.x API support [2, based on]
PR: 222971 , 229030 
Submitted by: Ralf van der Enden , Nathan Dowens 
Reported by: brnrd 
Approved by: maintainer