Created attachment 190248 [details]
A patch updating misc/sent to version 1
* Update to version 1 from 0.2.
* Change license to ISCL.
* Remove libpng from LIB_DEPENDS (version 1 is no longer using it).
* Add a run-time dependecy: 2ff from graphics/farbfeld.
* Add DOCS and EXAMPLES options.
* Add new files to examples.
* Add README.md to docs.
* Change ALL_TARGET to 'install' in order to install a manpage as well.
* Add MAKE_ARGS to fix the path for manpages (MAKE_ARGS are inspired by MAKE_ARGS from x11-wm/dwm/Makefile).
* Extract to WRKSRC as the port's distribution does not unpack to WRKSRC by default.
* Strip `sent`.
* Update distinfo.
* Update the 'config.mk' patch in order to use FreeBSD-specific settings from upstream. Also, remove the -g flag from the default CFLAGS and LDFLAGS.
* `portlint` is fine.
* Manual installation and deinstallation works just fine.
* `port test` passes but it produce a couple of (warning?) messages like this:
> actual-package-depends: dependency on /usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/x11.pc not registered (normal if it belongs to base)
Unfortunately, similar messages are generated for misc/sent version 0.2 and x11-wm/dwm. It looks like it is a problem related to the way me port software from suckless.org. I wasn't able to troubleshot it though.
Created attachment 190250 [details]
Thank you Mateusz. Unfortunately the patch didn't apply properly
(problems in config.mk). Here's an updated patch that also fixes some
- Removing -g CFLAGS is not really necessary when you're stripping the
binary in post-install
- We have NO_WRKSUBDIR for distfiles that don't extract to a proper
Poudriere testport on 10.3/i386 and 11.1/amd64 were ok
(In reply to Tobias Kortkamp from comment #1)
Thanks, Tobias. I'll remember to try out the patch on a fresh port next time.
A commit references this bug:
Date: Fri Feb 2 04:06:07 UTC 2018
New revision: 460664
misc/sent: Update to 1
Submitted by: Mateusz Piotrowski <email@example.com> (based on)
Approved by: Neel Chauhan <firstname.lastname@example.org> (maintainer)