Created attachment 190998 [details]
A small improvement for the rc script:
- use "kldstat -qn" instead "kldstat -n >/dev/null 2>&1" this is available on all supported FreeBSD releases.
- make fuse optional, it is an addon that is useless on vSphere servers, indeed if you install tools on Linux with the vmware install script there is the ability to not install fuse or hgfs at all per default on vSphere.
- disable grabbitmqproxy, procps and deploypkg which are not supported on FreeBSD
- install a sample tools.conf and set [logging]vmsvc.level=error
( I haven't tested with the UFS patch from latest commit, but without that line I had every 5 sec. an entry in log/messsages)
- cleanup Makefile, some directories are created by default and the lines are no longer required with pkgng.
- sort and cleanup pkg-plist, so it is easier to apply local patches (e.g. remove fuse plus libhg parts so they are not installed at all)
I don't know how this bug slipped through the cracks but I'll work on it soon.