Looking at the Makefile it uses a pre-bundled go-pear distro. The included go-pear.php is outdated if compared to https://pear.php.net/go-pear. The bundled libraries are outdated too. Using https://pear.php.net/go-pear points to https://pear.php.net/go-pear.phar which is the new, shiny installer.
The new installer also fixes the PHP 7.2 Archive_Tar issue: https://github.com/pear/pearweb_phars/issues/2
Consider using "fetch https://pear.php.net/go-pear.phar". This script provides env variables to customize all installation paths.
Unfortunately, this script is interactive and not really suited for the Ports system. I would not patch it, but rather request an upstream change first.
I have requested a non-interactive mode upstream: https://github.com/pear/pearweb_phars/issues/4
There are only 2 old bundle:
Archive_Tar ans XML_Util.
Port will update this weekend.
(In reply to Jochen Neumeister from comment #2)
Will you update the PEAR module itself too or just those two deps?
(In reply to Michael Osipov from comment #3)
Can I help somehow to resolve this?
The problem is just the go-pear version 1.1.7
I have now spent 2 days trying to update this version with the "patch-go-pear" patch. Unfortunately, without success.
The pear update to 1.10.6 is ready. I will now try for a few days to fix the problem. If not, I will release version 1.10.6 with new "Archive_Tar" and "XML_Util". Unfortunately then with old go-pear version
(In reply to Jochen Neumeister from comment #6)
Thanks for your effort. Where did you get 1.1.7? This (https://github.com/pear/pearweb/blob/master/public_html/go-pear#L56) shows me 1.1.6 which is probably fine for us.
(In reply to Michael Osipov from comment #7)
i get it frome here: https://pear.php.net/package/pearweb_gopear - and have a lot of problems
(In reply to Jochen Neumeister from comment #8)
do you think we can schedule a session via IRC? I'd like to help you to get this updated.
(In reply to Michael Osipov from comment #9)
Michael, of course! I'm on IRC 24/7. I did not forget the problem. You can ping me on IRC
I think I will update devel/pear in 2 steps:
- Update to 1.10.6 (including Archive_Tar and XML_Util)
- Update of the go-pear script incl. Patch.
The problem is the "newer" go-pear script, it causes a lot of problems with a patch on FreeBSD. It will take a lot of time.
A commit references this bug:
Date: Fri Nov 23 17:21:15 UTC 2018
New revision: 485692
Update to 1.10.6
Update pear to 1.10.6
* Fix notice undefined variable metadata_dir
* fix Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object
* Remove is_executable check
* The is_executable check in the Which method when run on Windows is unnecessary
* Migrate old while(list() = each()) constructs to foreach
* Fix PHP Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break"
* proxy server auth
* Correctly authenticate at proxy server
* array or Countable error in 7.2
Update Archive_Tar to 1.4.3
* Cannot use result of built-in function in write context in PHP 7.2.0alpha1
Update XML_Util to 1.4.3
* Decrease minimum PEAR version to 1.9.0 to allow PEAR upgrades
Sponsored by: Netzkommune GmbH