When an ssh connection is disrupted and closed while midnight commander was running, sometimes in an X environment clicking a mouse inside this shell window starts producing symbols. Doesn't matter if I type "reset" in the local shell window, or do I shhd back to the host - reset does nothing. The only working workaround is either closing the window or starting mc in it (doesn't matter, local or remote).
But when the remote console _is_ Linux, reset is working perfectly in resolving this situation, and mouse clicks no longer produce symbols.
I'm sure reset isn't working properly.
This lasts at least from FreeBSD 8.x.
Created attachment 192788 [details]
a short video demonstrating the issue
I've recorded and uploaded a short video demostrating the issue.
Taken with ffmpeg, viewable via mplayer.
- I have a disconnected session to remote Linux host where midnight commander was used.
- session is now closed, I'm in local Konsole
- I'm clocking inside it, symbols are typed
- I type "reset" two times, continue to click, nothing happens
- I ssh back to the remote Linux, type "reset" there, et voila, no symbols on mouse clicks.
Same curing effect can be obtained by launching midnight commander locally.