Created attachment 193429 [details]
Patch to uprade
This release introduces query type ANY refusal. NSD already has RRL
support that by default throttles queries, and also queries of type ANY.
But an nsd.conf option has been added, this makes NSD refuse queries of
The tcp-count can be higher. For more tcp service, use something like
tcp-count: 10000 or so. The fix is that tcp connections use (much) less
memory now, than in previous versions.
The memclean option is for memory checkers and code analyzers, without
the option, NSD lets the system remove memory pages with unused
resources on exit of a process, which is much faster.
- --enable-memclean cleans up memory for use with memory checkers,
- refuse-any nsd.conf option that refuses queries of type ANY.
- lower memory usage for tcp connections, so tcp-count can be
- Fix unused variable warnings and uninit variable in statistics
printout from clang analyzer.
- Fix spelling error in xfr-inspect.
- Fix #3562: explain build error when flex missing.
- Fix buffer size warnings from compiler on filename lengths.
- Fix #4093: Release notes not using 2018.
On request of some users, the FreeBSDport has now the option for
statistics default enabled.
A commit references this bug:
Date: Tue May 15 20:19:54 UTC 2018
New revision: 470049
Update to 4.1.21
Submitted by: maintainer